Finish the second sentence in such a way that it means the same as the original one. (10 pts)
1. I am really sorry I didn’t attend the meeting yesterday.
I really wish ___________________________________________________________________________________
2. It was so late that we couldn’t finish the work.
It was not______________________________________________________________________________________
3. He didn’t have enough money, so he couldn’t buy the big house.
4. I haven’t seen her for over two months now.
5. My mother asked me whether I had slept well the night before.
My mother asked, “ ______________________________________________________________________________
6. He failed to persuade his father to lend him his motorbike.
He didn't ______________________________________________________________________________________
7. Although his leg was broken he managed to get out of the burning house.
8. Please do not chew gum in the lobby.
Would you mind ________________________________________________________________________________
9. I should really be going now.
10. The snow was so heavy that all the planes couldn’t take off.
The heavy snow ________________________________________________________________________________