II. Choose the best answer
1. Please wake me at 5 and we will leave at 6 in the morning.
a. up b. on c. over d. in
2. If you want to weight, you should follow a low-fat diet.
a. lose b. gain c. put on d. take
3. Junk foods are high in fat, sodium and sugar, which can lead to _ .
a. fever b. allergy c. obesity d. stomachache
4. He looks so . He can’t keep his eyes open!
a. happy b. tired c. healthy d. fit
5. If you want to stay healthy, eat vegetables, whole grains, fruit and fish.
a. much b. fewer c. more d. less
6. Fruit tastes good it’s healthy for your body.
a. so b.but c. or d. and
7. You are you eat, so don’t eat unhealthy foods.
a. what b.who c. which d. that
8. She looks very tired. She should work or she will get sick.
a. well b. less c. more d. enough
9. She stays in by exercising daily and eating well.
a. health b. fit b. size d. shape
10. He is holding his neck . I think he has _
a. sunburn b. flu c. sore throat d toothache
11. We very busy last week.
a. was b. am c. were d. will be
12. I her recently. The last time we met was at a party.
a. have seen b. haven’t seen c. didn’t see d. saw
13. In 2012, they their project for street children.
a. start b. are starting c. started d. have started
14. He finds carving eggshells interest because it’s creative.
15. Reporter: Why do you volunteer?- Lan: - _
a. We like it b. She enjoys it c. Because I really feel happy d. They are happy
16. I that book already. It’s really fantastic.
a. read b. have read c. am reading d. will read
17. Minh has worked as a volunteer _ 2 years in a non-profit organization.
a. since b. ago c. already d. for
18. Sometimes I up the streets of my neighborhood for volunteer service.
a. clean b. am cleaning c. have cleaned d. will clean
19. I live in New York, but I the Statue of Liberty.
a. never visit b. have never visitedc. never visited d. will never visit
20. I my favourite song when I turned on the radio yesterday.
a. hear b. heard c. am hearing d. will hear
21. We are very excited our 2018 Volunteer Program.
a. about b. for c. in d. with
22. Toys of Hope provide toys, books and clothing needy and homeless children.
a. from b. to c. with d. against
23. Many people donate to the Red Cross, a _ organization that aids people free of charge.
a. profit-making b. for-profit c. non-profit d. profitable
24. The river is heavily polluted. They should .
a. clean it up b. give it away c. pick out d. recycle it
25. people usually live on the streets, under bridges, or in camps.
a. Sick b. Homeless c. Elderly d. Disabled
26. I’ve seen this film. Let’s watch something else.
a. never b. ever c. already d. yet
27. We help families in by providing food, clothing, housing and much more.
a. control b. case c. need d. shape
28. Most people volunteer they want to make a difference in their community.
a. because b. so c. so that d. in order to
29. We can help to reduce by using public transportation, biking and walking.
a. air pollution b. water pollution c. social problems d. community service
30. do you like this charity work? – I really like it.
a. What b. Why c. When d. How
31. Nga to HCM City.
a.never been b. has never been c. never have been d.have never been
32. We have raised money for people in need 2015.
a. in b.at c.since d. for
33. She’s got a high _ – almost 40°.
a. flu b.headache c.sore throat d. temperature
34. Jane is weight because she eats too much junk food.
a. getting over b. putting on c.taking up d. throwing away
35. The charity _ facilities for disabled people to take part in sport.
a. provides b.donates c.raises d. collects
36. I can’t fasten my jeans – I’ll have to .
a. eat more junk food b. go out regularly
c. see my doctor d. go on a diet
37. My favourite hobby is . I spend most of my free time making vases and bowls from clay.
a. woodcarving b. pottery making c. model making d. birdwatching
38. I’ve already done my homework, I am going to watch TV.
a. so b.because c.but d. and
39. Have you some fruits and vegetables ?
a. buy b.buying c.bought d. to buy
40. Did she to the office last Sunday?
a. go b.going c.to go d. went
41. What does the text say?
A. You mus’t litter here. B. You can litter here
C. You should litter here D. You must litter here.
A. Tom should go to the restaurant without Jess
B. Jess can’t go to the restaurant.
C. Jess will meet Tom at the bar