Complete the sentences with the correct form (comparative or superlative) of the words In brackets. Add any necessary words.
1. Sao Paulo is __________________ London. (crowded)
2. Paris is __________________ city in the world. (romantic)
3. New York is much __________________ Sydney. (expensive)
4. The Eiffel Tower is __________________ building in France. (famous)
5. China is one of __________________ countries in the world. (big)
6. In my opinion, Tokyo is __________________ Mumbai. (interesting)
7. Barcelona is __________________ Stockholm. (hot)
8. I think that Istanbul is __________________ city in the world. (beautiful)
Write questions for the underlined parts.
1. Brazil is in the continent of South America.
2. Canberra is the capital city of Australia.
3. The weather in Stockholm has been perfect.
4. New York is 54,555 square miles big.
5. We have lived in New York for ten years.
6. My family moved to Sydney in 1997.
7. I have never been to South Africa.
8. He travelled to Mexico by train.
IX. Choose the correct answers to complete the passage.
Are you planning your next trip? Then why not visit London? London is one of the most exciting cities in the world.
Sights and attractions
There are lots of things to see and do in London. Walk around the centre and see famous (1)_________ like Big Ben and Westminster Abbey. Visit the Tower of London where England’s kings and queens lived. Go to Buckingham Palace at 11:30 and (2)_________ the famous ‘Changing of the Guard’ ceremony. And don’t miss London’s art galleries and museums - (3)_________ are free to get into!
There are over 40,000 shops in London. Oxford Street is Europe’s (4)_________ high street with over 300 shops.
With over 270 nationalities in London, you can try food from just about (5)_________ country in the world. Make sure you try the UK’s most famous dish - fish and chips!
London has a quick underground train system (the ‘tube’ as the locals call it). (6)_________ are also the famous red ‘double-decker’ buses. The tube is quicker, but you will see more of London from a bus!
1. a. sights b. landscapes c. landmarks d. facts
2. a. notice b. see c. realize d. take
3. a. lots b. much c. more d. most
4. a. busy b. busier c. busiest d. the busiest
5. a. every b. all c. one d. many
6. a. They b. There c. These d. Those
X. Read the passage carefully, then answer the questions.
Seoul is South Korea’s capital. It is located in the northern part of South Korea. It has a population of nearly 10 million people. In this city you can find many tall buildings and skyscrapers. Seoul is known around the world as a technology capital. It has a large subway system. Incheon International Airport is a forty minute train ride from Seoul. Gangnam, Itaewon and Hongdae are popular neighbourhoods in Seoul. Here you can find bustling downtown districts, social life, shopping and great dining. The War Memorial of Korea and Namsan Seoul Tower are popular tourist destinations in Seoul.
1. Where is Seoul?
2. How many people live in Seoul?
3. Is Seoul a technology capital?
4. How long does it take to travel from Seoul to Incheon Airport by train?
5. Are Gangnam, Itaewon and Hongdae districts of Seoul?
6. What are popular tourist destinations in Seoul?
XI. Rearrange the words to make correct sentences.
1. wonderful/ in/ We/ time/ are/ Hanoi/ a/ having.
2. for/ two/ been/ We/ have/ here/ days.
3. Hanoi/ interesting/ and/ is/ a/ city/ it/ large/ is/ also.
4. are/ very/ The people/ sunny/ and/ the weather/ warm/ has/ and/ been/ friendly.
5. the/ Yesterday/ Temple of Literature/ visited/ we.
6. Vietnam/ of/ is/ one/ the/ It/ popular/ most/ tourist attractions/ in
7. Bat Trang Pottery Village/ going/ Today/ we/ are/ to.
8. will/ my family and friends/ buy/ I/ make/ some/ gift/ pottery/ a/ to/ for.