I. Choose A, B, C, D for each gap in the following sentences.
1. The Ao dai ___________ for many years.
A. is modernized B. was modernized C. has been modernized D. modernized
2. _____ have fashion designers done to modernize the Ao dai? → They have printed lines of poetry on it.
A. How B. Why C. What D. Where
3. The word Jeans comes _____ a kind of material that was made in Europe.
A. in B. at C. on D. from
4. She often goes to the _____ to pray because her region is Islam
A. church B. pagoda C. mosque D. temple
5. Maryam was really _____ by the beauty of Ha Noi.
A. impressive B. impression C. impress D. impressed
6. Nowadays, robots_____________ to perform many dangerous jobs.
A. are used B. are be used C.are use D. are using
7. Wearing ______ encourages students to be proud of their school.
A. uniforms B. casual clothes C. jeans D. kimonoes
8. My father often gets up early and loves ____ some newspapers before going to work.
A. read B. to read C. reading D. reads
9. My village lies near the ___________ of the mountain and by a river.
A. foot B. feet C. leg D. legs
10. Lan’s hometown is about 100 kilometers_____ the south of Ho Chi Minh City.
A. in B. at C. to D. for
11. Tran Hung Dao is considered one of the greatest_____ of the country.
A. heroes B. heroin C. heroines D. heroic
12. We will go _____ a picnic next week.
A. to B. at C. in D. on
13. There is a small bamboo forest at the _____ to the village.
A. exit B. entrance C. banyan D. bridge
14. There is a meeting ___________ 9 a.m and 2 p.m.
A. on B. between C. till D. at
15. She was sick yesterday,……….she was absent from school .
A. so B. because C. although D. but