1. Supply the correct verb form :
1. If today ( be)_________________Sunday, we ( have ) _________________ a lot of fun.
2. The earth is seriously polluted. I wish it ( not be) _________________ polluted like that.
3. What _________________ you ( do) _________________ if you ( see) ________________ a UFO ?
4. If you ( practice) ____English with a native speaker, your pronunciation ( improve) ____________
5. We ( save) _________________a lot of natural resources if we ( use) _____solar energy.
6. If I ( be ) _________________you, I ( not accept) _________________ his invitation.
7. What a pity she is not here. If she ( be) ____here, we ( have) _________________ lots of fun.
8. I may be free tonight. If I ( be) __________ free tonight, I ( come) _________________ to see you.
9. John wishes he ( have) _________________ a good job in the future.
10. It’s too cloudy for the picnic today. I wish the sun ( shine) _________________ right now.
Everyone wants to (1)_____pollution but the problem isn’t (2)____simple as we think. Much pollution is caused by things that serve people in daily life. For example, exhaust fume (3)____automobiles causes approximately 37% of air pollution. But the automobiles (4)____transportation for millions of people. Many factory (5)____are guilty of pollutant release into the air and water. Some factory owners let waste and chemicals run (6)_____into the rivers which lead to the sea. This not only pollutes water but also kills sea creatures. But the authorities can not close these factories (7)____they give employment to a large number of people. (8)_____, to reduce pollution, people would have to stop (9)____many things they often use. Most of us don’t want to do that. We can’t clean up our polluted (10)____overnight but we can stop adding the problem while scientists search for answers.
1. A. increase B. reduce C. produce D. replace
2. A. less B. like C. as D. more
3. A. from B. in C. for D . at
4. A. send B. use C. take D. provide
5. A. owners B. workers C. employees D. keepers
6. A. direct B. directly C. indirectly D. indirect
7. A. so B. though C. if D. because
8. A. However B. Therefore C. Besides D. Although
9. A. making B. working C. using D. throwing
A. environmental B. condition C. environment D. conditional