I. Choose the correct option for each gap in the sentences.
1. The village always __________ its harvest festival in the spring.
A. holds B. makes C. joins D. takes
2. Christmas songs are __________ for people in towns and villages.
A. enjoyed B. described C. performed D. appeared
3. Easter is a/an __________ festival which is celebrated in many countries.
A. enjoy B. interest C. amused D. joyful
4. Tet is a time for Vietnamese families to clean and __________ their houses.
A. hang B. decorate C. enjoy D. prepare
5. Burning Man is a __________ festival held at the end of August.
A. music B. musical C. musician D. musicians'
6. On Passover Day, people __________ freedom from slavery.
A. choose B. celebrate C. participate D. contribute
7. During Tet holiday the __________ atmosphere is felt around the country.
A. local B. ethnic C. thankful D. festive
8. Every year Cannes __________ its international film festival called Cannes Film Festival.
A. attends B. gathers C. hosts D. plays
9. - “__________ are you going to Phu Yen?”
- “To attend Hoi Mua Festival.”
A. How B. What C. When D. Why
10. - “__________ is this festival celebrated?”
- “Twice a year.”
A. How often B. How far C. How long D. How much
II. Fill in the blanks using the words in the box.
celebrate seasonal decorate went music attend performers harvest festival parade
1. Carnival is a popular___________________in many countries in South America.
2. South American people__________________Carnival in different ways.
3. At Carnival, people wear costumes and_______________through the streets, playing samba music and dancing.
4. She is going to Rio Carnival to watch________________dance.
5. A lot of dancers go to Rio de Janeiro to________________the Rio Carnival.
6. I think nobody is at home now because they have gone to the_________________festival.
7. We_______________to the Flower Festival in Da Lat last year.
8. During Tet, the Vietnamese_______________their house with many beautiful flowers.
9. Thanksgiving is a________________festival only held in the USA.
10. Do you have________________festival in your country?
III. Give the correct form of the words given to complete the sentences.
1. We have become regular __________________at Da Lat Flower Festival. ATTEND
2. There are a lot of cultural and _______________ activities held as part of this festival. ART
3. Tet holiday is the most important __________________ for Vietnamese people. CELEBRATE
4. Hoi Mua Festival is held by people of ethnic _______________ in Phu Yen Province. MINOR
5. It is very ________________to participate in Songkran Water Festival. JOY