Write a similar email to tell your friend abuot your free time , using the verb of liking + gerunds or verbs ò liking + to-infinnitives. Swap your work with a partner and check for mistakes
Read and complete the passage by using the phrases or sentences given.
A. how to cooperate with
B. to get rid of all the negative energies
C. go to the basket
D. because your strength
E. both your mind and your body
F. the chance
G. must be strong
H. just for resting and sleeping There are a lot of activities that you can do in your leisure time. Some people are so tired of work that they prefer to use their free time (1).......... . Others spend their free time on their favourite activities. Among different kinds of sports, I like basketball most. When you play basketball with your team mates, you have a chance (2) .......... that are piled up in you throughout work or study time. Your body is wholly involved. Basketball involves (3)........... In basketball, you need both stamina and speed to be a successful player. It's not that important if you're not tall (4)......... is of much more importance. Both feet and hands (5).......... . In addition, basketball is a team work, and this is what I like the most about this sport. You learn (6).......... other team mates. Sometimes, you need to sacrifice yourself by blocking the rival so that your team mate can find space to (7)......... and score. Passing the ball to other members of your team makes (8) .......... of winning higher and higher. All in all, basketball is so enjoyable and fun if you play it in a group, not individually.
Ex1: Complete each sentence using the word given, so that it has a similar meaning to the first sentence. Write between two and five words in each gap.
1.we will get home and then we will have something to eat. got
we will have something to eat.........................home.
2.I will finish marking the exams and then i will tell you your results. soon
I will tell you your sesults............................marking the exams.
write a formal letter of 130-150 words to the manufacturer using your ideas from excercise 5. Include this information:
- Say that the gadget is called, and where and when you bought it
- say that the problem is
- Tell the company you are returning the gadget. Ask them to repair it or send you a new one
I. read the following definitions and find the words or phrases from the passage to match them
1. You can find information or play games on this machine
2. The plural noun of '' child ''
3. A change that somebody or something causes in somebody or some thing else
4. Parts of your body , which you use to see with
5. This verb usually goes with '' glasses ''
6. Another word for '' besides'' or '' in addition ''
7. English , French , German , Jâpnese and not Vietnamese language
8. To tell other people about their ideas
II. Read the passage again and find the whole sentences that mean
1. Children ẹnjoy some good changer from computers.
2. Children can learn English , French , Chinese ,... with many computer games
3. The meaning of that is they can chat or write to their firend on the Internet
4. They don''t spend their free time running , swimming , walking or playing
5. Maybe children don't want to stop playing computer games baucause they like playing them too much
6. Their learning and having fun happens together
7. In addition , children can tell other people about their ideas online
8. Nearly all children use too much time to play games on their computers