1. Do you want something to drink? (CARE)
-> would you...
2. He found it hard to open the window. (DIFFICULTY)
-> He had...
C. Dien tu thich hop vao cho cham
Bill Gates is a very person in the ................. industry. He has been chief executive ............... Microsoft Corporation for several years. He is also the richest person ........... the USA . How did he do it ? He ............. a lot from his parents. While he was going to school, .......... father went to college, and become a successful lawyer. From this, Bill learned that you have to work hard ........... you want something. His mother was a very busy teacher, .................. she also enjoyed going to the party. From this, Bill learned something else: if you want to work hard and play ................ , you have to make a schedule.
Give the correct form of the verbs in brackets.
1.My mother (make)..............tea now.She (drink)........tea every morning.
2.Would you mind if i (open)..........the window?
3.He promises he (try).........his best to get good market.
4.I get up early so as (go)............to school on time.
5.Mr.Long (teach)................Maths for six years.
Choose the best answer for each of the following sentences.
1. In my experiments, the liquid is cooled to 32oF. It always freezes.
A. If you cool the liquid to 32 degrees, it froze.
B. If you cooled the liquid to 32 degrees, it would freeze.
C. If you cool the liquid to 32 degrees, it will freeze.
D. If you had cooled the liquid to 32 degrees, it would have frozen.
2. It may rain this afternoon. I hope it doesn't because I don't want the match to be cancelled.
A. If it rains, the match is cancelled.
B. If it rains, the match will be cancelled.
C. If it rained, the match would be cancelled.
D. If it had rained, the match would have been cancelled.
3. Unfortunately, I don't know Philosophy, so I can't answer your question.
A. If I know Philosophy, I can answer your question.
B. If I know Philosophy, I will be able to answer your question.
C. If I knew Philosophy, I would be able to answer your question.
D. If I had known Philosophy, I would have been able to answer your question.
4. ______ there are some more ideas, we can end the meeting now.
B. As if
D. In case
5. If he ______ with us now, he _____ the beauty of nature of the National Park.
A. is / can enjoy
B. was / will enjoy
C. has been / would enjoy
D. were / could enjoy
6. If they had searched more carefully, they _____ the watch sooner.
A. will find
B. would find
D. would have found
7. If I had got up early, I _______ to have breakfast now.
C. would have
D. would have had
8. I cannot buy a new computer ____ I save enough money.
B. even if
D. as if
9. Most people you meet will be polite to you ______ .
A. if you are polite to them
B. if you will be polite to them
C. unless you are polite to them
D. if you were polite to them
10. If you do so, it _____ the matter worse.
A. makes only
B. would only make
C. will only make
D. had only made
11. You ______ English fluently unless you practice it every day.
A. will speak
B. will not speak
C. can speak
D. did not speak
12. Hurry up ______ you will miss the bus and be late for school.
13. You will get a good seat if you ______ first.
C. have come
D. will come
14. Sam will not graduate _______ .
A. if he passed all the tests
B. if he does not pass all the tests
C. unless he passes all the tests
D. unless he had passed all the tests
1.Nothing could (do)(help) him.
2.When I entered his room, I saw him (sleep) in a chair.
3.If I (be) you, I (accept) that job.
4.Why are you under the table ? You (look) for something?
5.David (wash) his hands. He just (repair) the TV set.
6.The radio (play) since 7 a.m. I wish someone would turn it off.
7.I want to know how long you (study) Chinese.
8.It is waste of time (talk) to him. He (not listen) to you.
1. He said, " If you have time what will you do? "
2. She said, " If you want to lose weight, you must eat less bread. "
3. He said, " If I had a map, I would lend it to you. "
4. He said, " If I had known that you were coming, I would have met you at the airport. "
5. He wondered, " If the baby is the girl what will they call her? "
6. He said, " If I lived near my office, I'd be in time for work. "
7. She said, " If you feel ill, why don't you go to bed? "
Dịch hộ mình rồi mình tick cho, giúp mình nhanh nhanh lên nhé!
165. I didn’t feel like (work) working so I suggested (spend) spending the day in the garden.
166. I used (ride) to ride a lot but I haven’t had a chance (do) to do any since (come) came here.
167. Did you remember (lock) locking the door ?
- No, I didn’t. I’d better (go) go back and (do) do it now.
168. It’s no use (try) trying (interrupt) (ngắt lời) to interrupt him. You’ll have (wait) to wait .
till he stops (talk) talking
169. He didn’t like (leave) leaving children alone in the house but he had no alternative (không có cách) as he had (go) to go out to work.
170. Why didn’t you drink it ? - I didn’t like (drink) drinking it as I didn’t know what it was.
171. Do you feel like (go) going to a film or would you rather (stay) stay at home ?,
172. She told me (look) to look through her correspondence (thư từ) and (take) take out any letters that you had written her. I didn’t like (look) looking through someone else’s letter but I had (do) to do as she said.
173. I liked (listen) litening to folk music than (listen) listening to pop
174. The car began (make) making an extraordinary noise so I stopped (see) to see what it was.
175. He decided (put) to put broken glass on top of his wall (prevent) to prevent boys (climb) climbing over it. (miếng bánh)
176. He annoyed me very much by (take) taking the piece of cake that I was keeping (eat) eating after my supper. (bữa cơm tối)
177. He kept (ring) ringing up and (ask) asking for an explanation and she didn’t know what (do) to do about him.
178. We got tired of (wait) waiting the weather (clear) clearer and finally decided (set) to set out (khởi hành) in the rain.
179. He made me (repeat) repeat his instructions (make) making sure that I understood what I was (do) doing after he had gone.
180. She apologized (xin lỗi) for (borrow) brrowing my sewing machine without (ask) asking permission and promised never (do) to do it again
181. You don’t need (ask) to ask his permission every time you want (leave) to leave the room.
182. I left my door open. Why didn’t you walk in ?
- I didn’t like (go) going in when you weren’t here.
183. Try (avoid) to avoid (be) being late. He hates (be) being kept (waiting) waiting
184. I didn’t know how (get) to get to your house so I stopped (ask) to ask the way.
185. Did you advise him (go) to go to the police ?
- No, I didn’t like (give) giving any advice on such a difficult matter.
186. I caught him (climb) climbing over my wall. I asked him (explain) to explain but he refused (say) to say any thing, so in the end I had (let) to let him (go) go
187. Jame nees (see) to see a docotr soon.
188. I can’s afford (go) to go out tonight. I haven’t got enough money.
189. Can you remind me (buy) to buy some coffee when we go out ?
190. One of the boys admitted (break) breaking the window.
191. How did the thief get into the house ?
- I forgot (shut) shutting the window.
192. It’s a nice day, so we decided (go) to go for a walk.
193. It’s a nice day. Does anyone fancy (go) to go for a walk.
194. I still looking for a job but I hope (find) to find something soon.
195. I was lonely at first, but after a time I got used to (live) living alone.
196. Did you remember (lock) locking the car ?
- No, I didn’t. I’d better (go) go back and (do) do it now.
197. Would you like me (turn) to turn down the radio a bit ?
- No, it’s all right. I’m used to (work) working with the radio on.
198. Would your children mind (keep) keeping quiet for a moment ? I’m trying (fill) to fill a form.
199. If you want the milkman (leave) to leave you milk in the morning, don’t forget (put)to put a milk bottle outside.
200. Nothing will make me (change) change my mind.
Complete each sentence with and, but, so, or, moreover, however, therefore, or otherwise.
1. You must do your homework; … , you might get a bad grade.
2. He’s seventy two, … he still swims, runs and plays football regularly.
3. John studied hard for the math exam; … he got an A+.
4. Do you want a cup of tea, … would you prefer coffee?
5. Smoking gives you bad breath, … it’s harmful to your health.