The healthy eating diet
Healthy eating is about feeling great and having more energy. If you choose the right foods, your healthy diet will be a tasty diet, too. You can still enjoy your favourite sweet and salty foods, but too much sugar and salt is bad for your body.
Dairy products like milk, cheese, and yoghurt are great because they contain calcium and keep your teeth and bones healthy. You should choose low-fat dairy products.
Meat, fish, eggs, beans, and nuts are important, too. They keep our bodies healthy and they give us energy to work and play.
Whole grains are an important part of every meal. If you eat lots of whole grains, you will have a healthy heart. Whole grains are in bread, cereal, pasta, and rice. Dark bread and brown rice are great sources of whole grains.
Fruit and vegetables are the most important part of a healthy diet. They are low in calories and full of vitamins. Eat lots of fruit and vegetables with every meal, and as snacks during the day. Fruit and vegetables with darker colours have more vitamins.
A. Find the underlined words in the text to match the meanings.
1. : an amount of energy.
2. : the power that your body gets from food.
3. : food that you eat between meals.
4. : If food is this, it tastes of sugar.
5. : If food is this, it tastes of salt.
6. : the types of food that you eat most often.
7. : things in food that we need to grow and be healthy.
8. : the place where you get something from.
B. Answer the following questions.
1. What does the healthy eating diet help you?
2. What can you also enjoy when you have a healthy eating diet?
3. Why are dairy products good for your health?
4. What is the function of meat, fish, eggs, beans and nuts?
5. Why are whole grains an important part of every meal?
6. What types of foods can we get whole grains from?
7. Why are fruit and vegetables the most important part of a healthy diet?
8. What types of fruit and vegetables have more vitamins