1. This soup is very hot. We can't eat it.
This soup is too hot for us to eat
2. These oranges are ripe. You can eat them.
These oranges are ripe enough to eat
3. This morning is very cold. We couldn’t go swimming.
This morning is too cold for us to go swimming
4. She can’t carry the box; it’s very heavy.
The box is too heavy for her to carry
5. The room was very dirty. Nobody can learn it.
The room was too dirty to learn in
6. It was very late. She couldn’t go home.
It was too late for her to go home
7. The class was very tired. The teacher couldn't explain the lesson.
The class was too tired for the teacher to explain the lesson
8. They can’t sleep. They aren’t tired
They aren't tired enough to sleep
17. If you have a problem, ask for help
18. My children are afraid of dogs
19. Most of them are fond of fiction books
20. It is very kind of you to help me
VI. Give the correct form of the words in brackets
26. Should I write “British” or “English” as my nationality? (nation)
27. We have worked together for several months to provide good facilities for disabled people (able)
28. Have you ever seen this comedy? It is really funny (fun)
29. I love action films. They are very exciting. (excite)
30. Street are decorated with colourful lights and red banners (colour)
74. What color are his pencils?
75. When does Mr.Tam work?
76. Who is your close friend?
77. Where are they going to have dinner?
78. How many texts are they going to read?
79, 80 không có phần gạch chân.
81. What is she going to buy?
82. What does his grandmother usually tell him in the evening?
83. What does your mother buy you at that clothing store?
84. When does this man bring you milk?
85. Who always have dinner at home?
86. How much coffee does she want?
87. What does Mrs.White always have for breakfast?
88. When do you always go to school with your friends?
89. Where is Mary's mother going?
90. What time does her mother always have breakfast?
relative pronouns or relative adverbs
1. They should go to Dalat in January. The weather is very good for their health then => They should go to Dalat in January, when the weather is very good for their health
2. Mrs.Brown is the only woman. He wants to meet her => Mrs.Brown is the only woman that he wants to meet
3. The flowers were very nice. Your sister bought them yesterday => The flowers that your sister bought yesterday were very nice
Fill in each numbered blank with a suitable word :
The continent of Antarctica is (1) such a huge place that if it (2) were a country, it'd be the tsecond biggest in the world, after Russia. It never gets warm there.It is (3) so cold in eastern Antarctica that even the summer temperature is lower (4) than your freezer at home. Although much of Antarctica consists (5) of ice, there is solid rock under it. The ice is so deep and heavy, howerver,(6) it has pushed the earth down. If all that ice melted, the land (7) would start to ríse as much as 500 metres. Scientists believe the ice is already melting, and if it continues, the world's seaa and oceans will rise by (8) up to 60 meters. They say we must take action now, so (9) as to advoid a globad disaster. We need to use less fuel like oil ang gas in (10) order to reduce the effect of global warming on Antarctica's ice.
1. I don't like airplane food. It's so tasteless (taste)
2. Don't overcook your food as this can lower the vutamin and mineral content (cook)
3. Vietnamese food culture is characterized by rice, fush sauce, soup, vegetables and regional diversity( character)
4. A typical Vietnamese meal includes rice, meat or seafood, vegetable and soup (type)
5. Most nutrutiomsts consider junk foods as unhealthy and hamful (health)