"Where are you going for your holidays ?" asked Martha Giải giúp mình với, mình đang vội lắm !!!
Choose one word or phrase marked A, B, C, or D that best complete the preceding sentence.
1. I remembered____________ up in that house with my brothers and sisters. A. to bring B. to bringing C. bringing D. being brought
2. They are going to______________ the pool to 1.8 meter.
A. deep B. depth C. deepen D. deeply
3. Is it possible for us to____________ the cinema without him?
A. reach B. come C. arrive D. go
4. I want you to____________ your best clothes tonight for the party.
A. wore B. dress C. put on D. hung up.
5. She encouraged______________ the job.
A. to take the job B. that Frank should take C. Frank to take D. to Frank to take
6. I____________ you can swim so well and I can’t.
A. hate B. hate it that C. hate that D. hate it
7. Jack made me____________ him next week.
A. to promise to call B. to promise calling C. promise to call D. promise calling
8. We watched the cat____________ the tree.
A. climbed B. climbing C. had climbed D. was climbing
9. I wish you____________ stop interrupting me whenever I speak
A. will B. would C. did D. might
10. I expect____________ a postcard from my father in England today.
A. being received B. to receive C. receiving D. to be receiving
11. The child was told to____________ for being rude to his uncle.
A. excuse B. apologize C. forgive D. confess
12. If you want your son to do better on his exams, I suggest he____________ harder.
A. will be studying B. studies C. will study D. study
13. I am looking for a friendly young person to help_____________ my elderly brother while I go out to work during the day.
A. take after B. give care of C. put up with D. look after
14. ____________ the class size is our school’s immediate aim.
A. Reduced B. Reduces C. Reducing D. Reduce
15. The plants need_____________ before noon.
A. watering B. to water C. be watered D. being watered
16. The school required that every student _____________before September 1st.
A register B. registered C. registers D. was registered
17. She resented_____________ waiting for hours in front of the cinema.
A. to be kept B. keeping C. being kept D. being keeping
18. The government has tried to ____________the price of petrol, but they failed.
A. bring on B. put in C. bring down D. get over
19. I'm __________quite hungry now, aren't you?
A. getting B. becaming C. turning D. growing
20. Our learning and teaching equipment needs __________ if further improvement is to be achieved.
A. modernized B. to modernize C. modernizing D. modernize
choose the best answer
1. air............,together with litterring, is causing mary problems our cities today
A. pollute B. pollution C. polluting D. polluted
2. water pollution can put negative................on our health
A. contamination B. affects C. effects D.problems
3. A: how can light pollution..............animals?
B: it can make animals change their behavior patterns
A. cause B. make C. affect D. lead
4. all flight to Ha Noi had to be cancelled............the storm
A. as a result B. due to C. because D. so
5. the team's success was largely............to her efforts
A. because B. due C. since D. however
choose the word that has different stress pattern in each line
1. A. national B. chenical C. medical D. informal
2. A. scientific B. dramatic C. athletic D. domestic
3. A. fantastic B. hictoric C. comic D. symbolic
4. A. payee B. chinese C. coffee D. trainee
5. A. reindeer B. volunteer C. mountaineer D. engineer
6.A. competitive B. opportunity C. repetitive D. unhealthy
7.A. biology B. geography C. sociology D. technology
8.A. positive B. repetitive C. infinitive D. competitive
9.A. unlucky B. plentiful C. helpful D. impolite
10.A. useless B. plentiful c. helpful D. unfair