1. Speaking English fluently and using a computer competently are ___ to help one get a good job.
a. the important obstacles
b. the important factors
c. the guidance
d. the uncertainties.
2. She spent ___ her free time watching TV.
a. a few
b. a lot
c. most of
3. Which isn't the obstacle when students start work?
b. build up fearsome prospects
c. feel sanguine
d. not have experience. -imlyn-
Rewrite these sentences
1.We usually drove the car to the city when we worked there
- We used to drive the car to the city when we worked there.
2.Our Dad is a hard runner
- Our Dad runs hard.
3.Playing this game is quite easy
- It's quite easy to play this game.
4.We cannot go out today because we aren't well
- We wish we were well today so that we could go out today.
5.You shouldn't stay up late tonight
- You ought to go to bed early tonight.
choose the best word or phrase to complete the sentences
1. she looked very...when I told her the news.
A. happy B. happily C. happier D. hapiness
2.his brother prefer detective stories...science fictions.
A.than B. to C. from D. as
3.how long did the meeting...?
A.last B.take C.lose D.go
4.My mother is tired...watching TV.
A. of B.with C.at D. for
5.there are not any good movies...at the moment.
A.in B.on C.at D.about (?)
A) Điền từ thích hợp:(6 marks)
0. Elena........got........a Saturday job working in a library a few month ago.
1. On Saturdays, a lot of people visit the library where Elena works and it is always..............busy...............
2. 'The job is.........interesting............because I meeet a lot of different people,' Elena say.
3. Her job is to.........check..........all the books when people bring them back.
4. Elena has to put all the books back on the.........right.....shelf.
5.Sometimes people.......forget........to return their books on time.
B) Khoanh đáp án đúng ( 6 marks)
0.Where do you come from?
a. New York
1.Have a good holiday.
a. Thanks i will
b. i think so.
c. yes, very much
2. What about going shopping this afternoon?
a. I'm too tired!
b. That a pity!
c. That's not right!
3. I can't do my homework.
a. Can you be careful?
b. You can't have that.
c. Of course you can.
4. Which of the bots is your friend?
a. He says I'm right.
b. Yes he is, isn't he?
c. That one over there.
5. I've waited here for two hours!
a. Yes you do
b. I'm sorry about that
c. It didn't matter
TỒNG ĐIỂM: 12
1. Where does she live ?
- Do you know her address?
2. My parents don`t want to stay up too late.
- My parents would like getting up early
3.You can`t read more quickly than I can
- I can`t read faster than you.
4. Thank you for helping me .
It was kind of you to help me.
5. They should book early if they want tickets for the concerts.
- They`d better book early if they want tickets for the concerts.
6. I get a lot of pleasure from reading cookery books.
- I enjoy reading cookery books
7. I would like you to help me to put the chairs away.
-Do you mind helping me to put the chairs away?
8. Although he had a goog salary , he was unhappy in his job.
- In spite of his good salary, he was unhappy in his job.
9. Apples are usually cheaper than oranges.
- Apples are not usually more expensive than oranges.
10. I advise you to put your money in the bank .
- You`d better put your money in the bank.
11 .The cake was so hard that I could not eat it .
- It was such a hard cake that I couldn't eat it.
12. He failed in the race .
- He didn`t win the race.
13 .The train couldn`t run because of the snow.
- The snow prevented the train from running.
14 .Barbara is the best tennis – player in the club.
- No one in the club plays tennis better than Barbara
15 .Tim will be eighteen next week .
- It's Tom's eighteenth birthday next week.