First, we need to cut down the plastic bags because it will take 100 years to make those disappear. Second, we should clean the streets or beaches where we live by throwing rubbish into a suitable place and find solutions to deal with them. Besides, we can also bring the slogan " PROTECT OUR ENVIRONMENT " to more and more people, so that we can do that altogether.
I. Chọn phương án hoàn thành tốt nhất mỗi câu sau
1. I am doing the homework. ______ the TV, please!
A. Turn off B. Turn up C. Turn on D. Turn over
2. ______ do you brush your teeth?
A. How long B. How much C. How often D. How many
3. It started to rain, ______ we stopped playing tennis.
A. so B. but C. because D. and
4. Television has both advantages and ______, so we need to use it properly.
A. limits B. limitations C. border D. boundary
5. There are two main kinds of sports: team sports and ______ sports.
A. individual B. separate C. competitive D. popular
6. We took part ______ a running race last summer and won the first prize.
A. on B. at C. about D. in
7. We often ______ to keep fit and stay healthy.
A. watch TV B. do morning exercise C. play video games D. does yoga
8. Have you ever ______ of that?
A. hear B. heard C. hears D. hearing
9. His daughter ______ a small bicycle to school yesterday.
A. ride B. rides C. rode D. ridden
10." ______ did you go last night?". "I went to a supermarket with my mother."
A. What B. Why C. How D. Where
11.Good marks make the students _____.
A. are happy B. happy C. to happy D. to be happy
12. You can go back to the waiting room.
A. return B. follow C. get on D. come in
13. After each lesson, we often have a _____ test.
A. ten-minutes B. minutes ten C. ten-minute D. tenth minute
14. My _____ city is Da Nang.
A. regular B. popular C. famous D. favourite
15. You ____ take photographs in the museum. Photography is strictly forbidden here.
A. should B. don’t have to C. mustn’t D. need to
16. - ____ do you go swimming? – Twice a week.
A. How much B. How often C. How long D. How far
17. There are different sports activities at my school but I’m only interested in ____.
A. jogging B. to jog C. joging D. go jogging
18. We didn’t go out last night because it ____ raining heavily.
A. is B. does C. did D. was
19. Hoa couldn’t go to school yesterday ____ she had a headache.
A. so B. although C. because D. and
20. Alexander Fleming was famous ____ penicillin.
A. of discovering B. for discover C. with discover D. for discovering
I. Choose the best answer
1. He loves _____________ tree leaves from different countries.
A. collecting B. collected C. collect D. collects
2. My dad enjoys ________ his bike to work.
A. to ride B. ride C. rides D. riding
3. I love cooking, _________ my sister doesn’t.
A. because B. so C. but D. and
4. Laughing is good_________ your health.
A for B. to C. with D. of
Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced /3:/
A. dear B. pear C. earn D. heart
6. Choose one mistake and correct it.
I find carve eggshells boring because it takes a lot of time to complete one shell.
carve => carving
II.Put the verbs in the correct form.
1. I enjoy (fish) fishing because it is relaxing.
2. Jane will play chess after she (finish) finishes school.
3. What does your mother often (do) do at weekends?
4. I think, in the future people (not play) won't play individual games.
5. We find (arrange) arranging flowers interesting because it (help) helps us relax.
6. I (not collect) won't collect dolls when I grow up.
III. Complete the passage with the words given
bought competition singing there on English
Mary’s hobby is singing. She enjoys (1) singing very much. When her brother (2) bought a karaoke set last month, Mary was so glad that she sang every day after dinner. She likes to sing only (3) English songs. In fact, she has already sung all the songs found (4) there the karaoke discs. Mary is singing in the karaoke(5) competition organized by the RC Center this Saturday. Her family is going (6) on to support her.
IV.Choose the best answer to complete the sentences by circling A, B, C or D
1. - __________ do you find making pottery? – I finding making pottery interesting.
A. What B. How C. Why D. When
2. Jenny ___________ two eggshells and he will continue the third one.
A. carves B. has carved C. carved D. will carved
3. My father hates ___________ coffee. He prefers tea.
A. drunk B. drink C. drinks D. drinking
4. I have a temperature _________________
A. and I eat more vegetables B. or I am putting on weight C. so I feel tired D. but I go to bed early
5. Which word has the underlined part pronounced differently from the others?
A. away B. answer C. sunburn D. picture
6. Which word has main stress differently from the others?
A. volunteer B. charity C. melody D. calorie
7. Beethoven ___________ a lot of songs.
A. composes B. composed C. has compose D. compose
8. Liz: I am so nervous thatI am putting on weight.
Tony: _______________________ .
A. Wash your hand more B. eat less junk food C. Sleep more D. Sunbathe less
9. Jack spends almost his time staring at his smart phone, ___________ he is very short-sighted.
A. and B. or C. but D. so
10. My father loved ____________horse-riding when he was young.
A. doing B. going C. playing D. taking
11. She feels itchy and her nose is running. She says she has _____________
A. headache B. toothache C. allergy D. flu
12. Jenifer says that she ___________ collecting dolls, but she __________ in the future.
A. will like / won’t continue B. likes/won't continue C. likes / continues D. will like / continues
I.Choose the correct answer to complete the passage by circling A, B, C or D
Camping is an activity in which people live (1) _________ temporarily. Campers participate in fishing, hunting, swimming, wildlife watching, plant study, and nature photography. It provides bodily benefits when it involves hiking to, from and around a campsite, and many people believe that camping makes youngsters (2) _________ more confident. Camping is suitable (3) _________ those who are in wholesome physical condition because it may require walking several times. The key to an enjoyable camping is planning because planning the trip before leaving helps (4) ________ avoid preventable accidents such as bad weather, injury, or simply a crowded campsite.
1. A. upstairs B. downstairs C. inside D. open-air
2 A. help B. handle C. feel D. thumb
3 A. in B. for C. at D. on
4. A campers B. groups C. parties D. cliques
PART D. WRITING (2pts)
I. Arrange these words/ phrases into the meaning sentences
1. sunburn / yesterday / was / because / outside / has / Alice / she / all / day .
=> Alice has sunburn because she was outside all day yesterday.
2. and / difficult / boring / that / eggshells / people / carving / Some / say / is .
=> Some people say that carving eggshells is difficut and boring.
3. girl / have / is / the / kind-hearted / She / most / ever / I /met
=> She is the most kind-hearted girl I have ever met.
4. organization / the / to / encouraged / people / Big Heart / has / protect / environment.
=> Big heart organization has encouraged people to protect environment.