1, Cyber criminals will send random emails to ......... individuals to retrieve their personal information such as social security number and valuable passworlds.
A uninformed B unsuspecting C untruthful D unfaithful
2, Victims reportedly clicked on a link ,sent to them via e-mail,which took them to a ........ site where they were then asked to enter their confidential information.
A fishy B fishing C finished D phishing
3, "You should be .......... of the people you meet online .Sometimes they are not who they say they are'', warned Karen's aunt.
A wary B suspicious C disbelieving D snubbing
4, A massively multiplayed online games grow in popularity , the ........... task of levelling up can be so time -consuming that players often employ substitutes to help them do it.
A recurring B everlasting C repetitive D dreary
5, In online games players lose themselves in the virtual ........... of fantasy which they deem more exciting and extraordinary ,compared to reality.
A kingdom B realm C medium D state
It is hard to imagine life in modern society without smartphones. These handy little devices keep us entertained and enable us to manage important tasks on the go. Although smartphones feature powerful hardware, they wouldn’t be so useful without thousands of handy applications. Here are a few free and helpful apps that you can download to help you throughout the day.
If you have a habit of forgetting things and want to organize your life, give Evernote a try. It promises to help users remember everything. With a few clicks, you can send all of your photos, documents, and audio notes to Evernote. Then, your digital information can be stored in folders or tagged with useful keywords. When you need to access this data, you can perform a simple search and it will appear in seconds. Evernote is available on smartphones, tablets, and computers, so you can access your data from everywhere.
Imagine this scenario. You are watching a TV show and you hear a cool song in the background. You want to buy it but there is one problem. You don't know the name of the song. SoundHound is an app that will make this problem a thing of the past. It enables users to quickly identify songs by launching the app and holding their phone in the air. The app takes the song playing and compares it to thousands of other songs until it finds a match. Within seconds, it can tell you the name, artist, and album of the song you just heard.
Another spectacular app is Lookout. Hopefully, you won’t have to use it often, but when you do
need it. Lookout can be a lifesaver. Its main function is to help you find your phone if it goes missing. Lookout does this by using your smartphone’s data connection to locate your lost device. To see where your phone is on a map, simply log into Lookout from any web browser. In the worst-case situation, if someone steals your phone and you fear it has gone for good, you can wipe out all of its data with a few clicks. This will ensure no one will see any private information on your phone.
These helpful apps are just the tip of the iceberg. If you do some searching online, you are certain to find many other apps that will make your life more convenient.
Câu 18: Evernote can help you ______.
A. reduce your load of work thanks to its support B. access your data with a few useful keywords
C. organize your daily activities and remember things D. store only documents, texts, and contracts
Câu 19: Who would most enjoy SoundHound?
A. A person who always misplace things. B. Someone who knows the name to every song.
C. A person who enjoys discovering new music. D. Someone who is learning to play an instrument.
Câu 20: What could best replace the word “appear” in paragraph 2?
A. show up B. erase C. upgrade D. hide
Câu 21: What is Lookout most useful for?
A. Helping users change the appearance of their phones. B. Improving the speed of data connections.
C. Cleaning your phone when it has too much data. D. Locating phones when users can’t find them.
Câu 22: The word “it” in paragraph 4 refers to ______.
A. the app Lookout B. your smartphone C. your life D. a web browser
Câu 23: What does the author imply in the last paragraph?
A. Users should read the author’s website for more tips.
B. Users only need to use the apps included on their phone.
C. These are the most useful apps on the market.
D. People should try to find more apps on their own.
Câu 24: All of the following are true about the apps for your smartphone EXCEPT that ______.
A. they have a wide range from entertainment to daily activities
B. they can be used for various purposes
C. they were developed before the hardware of smartphones
D. they can make your life more comfortable and convenient
Câu 25: Which of the following statements does the author most probably agree with?
A. The app Lookout is most useful to the police.
B. The app SoundHound can save you a lot of time.
C. Lookout can replace Google Map to locate any location.
D. Evernote can offer you the treatment for your loss of memory.
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, c, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct word or phrase that best fits each of the numbered blanks.
When people meet and talk, they are using not only words, but also the (36)______of their voice and their body language to communicate. Sometimes people use body language consciously to add meaning to their words, (37)____ other body language may be unconscious. For example, a person may (38)_____ start tapping his or her foot while talking with someone. This body language could be (39)______as meaning “I am not interested in talking with you.” Other gestures that (40)_______ not being interested in others include crossed arms, leaning away from others, and not looking at the speaker.
36. A. height B. nature C. state D. tone
37. A. so B. but C. however D. because
38. A. temporarily B. automatically C. indefinitely D. unfortunately
39. A. relied B. meant C. counted D. interpreted
40. A. refer B. infer C. imply D. tell
1. The parents of the groom go to the fortune teller to see what date and time is best for them to ___the wedding ceremony. (celebration)
2._____, the reception occurs at their houses, but now many families hold wedding parties at the restaurant. (tradition)
3. American teenagers send an average of 60 text messages per day, making this an ___way in communication. (effect)
4. Consider that there are a good number of book ___ now putting their content online. (publish)
5. In order to integrate technology into the classroom, teachers should implement the BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) policy to make the ___process more relevant and effective. (learn)
6. Studies encourage mobile learning because students benefit greatly from more opportunities for ___development. (academy)
7. On that day, the groom's family and relatives visit the bride and her family with round lacquered boxes known as betrothal presents which are covered with red cloth and carried by___girls or boys. (marry)
8. The Intel programme tries to deliver the "four Cs" to grade-10 students: critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and ___(create)
9. many digital textbooks are__updated and often more vivid, helpful, creative, and a lot of cheaper than those old heavy books. (constant)
10. then, the couple should pray in front of the altar to ask their ancestors for ___for their marriage, then express their gratitude to both groom's and bride's parents for raising and protecting them. (permit)
III. Circle the error in each sentence below:
1. Ralph wishes that he went to the bank this morning before he went to work.
A B C D
2. The lesson is too difficult for us to understand it.
A B C D
3. Approximately 30 percent of all parents in the world let their children to attend school
A B C D
4. Until the 1400s, most books and texts were producing by cribes who copied them by hand
A B C D
5. Some birds, such as quails, can move instant from a resting position to full flight
A B C D
6. Solving the problem of population is more expensive than prevent it.
A B C D
7. We are here so as we can talk to the manager.
A B C D
8. Nobody want to risk climbing a mountain without safe equipment.
A B C D
9. He feels so tired that he didn't want to answer the phone.
A B C D
10.They told me he is earning a lot of money in his new job.
A B C D
In the United states, volunteering is (1)...........as a good way to give children a sense of (2)...... responsibility and to bring the family together. Volunteerism is growing across the United states today because people are trying to put more emphasis on family relationship,and they are looking for ways to help young people have a feeling of hope and satisfaction. It is(5)........thật volunteering helps children discover their talents,develop their skills and learn about cooperation and problem solving. (7).......... , family volunteering has some(8).........: it benefits the community thật is served, it benefits the family for serving together , and it benefits each individual in the family.
3. A. Regarded
2. Rewrite the following sentences
1. It is disappointing that we haven't heard from Molly.
=> We are........
2. Harry couldn't get his parents' permission to buy a motorbike
=> Harry's parents didn't let........
3. It's waste of time to try to explain anything to Tony
=> Don't waste....
4. He was crossing the road. I caught sight of time.
=> I noticed.......
5. David did his homework and then went to bed
=> After having..........
Exercise 1: Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
1. Opera singer Maria Callas was known for her ________, powerful voice.
A. intensity B. intensify C. intense D. intensely
2. Many readers will disagree with the selection and the assessments as any guide will invevitably be ______
A. subject B. subjected C. subjective D. Subjectivism
3. Politicians___________blame the media if they don’t win the election. They’re so predictable.
A. variable B. variety C. various D. invariably
4. This is very _______! Can’t you practise your violin somewhere else?
A. convenient B. conveniently C. Inconvenient D. convenience
5. I would like to show you my lastest ________, which I have called “Boasts on a Lake”
A. creativity B. creator C. create D. creation
6. During the festival _______ were hanging from every tree.
A. decorator B. decorations C. decorative D. decorativeness
7. He offered to give me a ________ of how the machine worked.
A. demonstrator B. demonstration C. demonstrate D. demonstrative
8. Those countries are_______ on other countries for most of their food.
A. dependent B. independence C. dependable D. dependability
9. He acted in an extremely ________ manner, which made him very unpopular
A. dictation B. dictatorial C. dictate D. dictatorship
10. He hoped the _______ agency would find him a job.
A. employee B. unemployed C. employer D. employment
Exercise 2: Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
1. I’m afraid they weren’t very _______ about your idea of going out this evening.
A. enthusiastically B. enthusiastic C. enthusiasm D. enthusiast
2. The student did not do well in the class; he had a problem with ________
A. absent B. absently C. absence D. absenteeism
3. The information in that article is ________ inaccurate.
A. historian B. historial C. history D. historically
4. Some people show ______ attitude toward the misery of others, totally untouched by their suffering.
A. passionate B. dispassionate C. passion D. passionately
5. The charity organization received a large gift from the ________.
A. donation B. donor C. donate D. donated
6. The sick child must stay away from others because he has a _________disease.
A. communicate B. communicable C. communicator D. communication
7. The technician applying for the position was asked to supply a _______ list of her former places of employment.
A. chronological B. chronologically C. chronologist D. chronology
8. I do not understand what these results ______.
A. significant B. sgnify C. significance D. significantly
9. They said my illness was ________. Don’t they realize I’m in a lot of pain?
A. immagianry B. imagination C. imagine D. imaginative
10. She was much less _______student than her sister.
A. industrial B. industrious C. industrialist D. industrialized
Good communication is the key to being successful and satisfied in many situations: work, study personal, social. At work, communication skills(1) most commonly shown in your ability to use, understand language, whether spoken or written. You need a good command of language to (2) our ideas, opinions,and feelings across clearly. Listening carefully is an important communication skill, it is the ability and confidence to (3) questions when you need to understand something or get (4) from other
1. A. Are B. Have C. Were D. Do
2. A. Express B. Get C. Understand D. Know
3. A. Answer B. Put C. Ask D. Suggest
4. A. Things B. Information C. Knowledge D. Explanation
B. Read the passage carefully, then choose the correct answer.
Man is a land animal, but he closely tied to the sea. Throughout history the sea has served the needs of man.
The sea provided man with food and convenient way to travel to many parts of the world. Today, nearly two
thirds of the world's population live within 80 kilometers of the sea coast.
In the modern technological world, the sea offers many resources to help mankind survive. Resources on land
are beginning to be used up. The sea, however, still can be hoped to supply many of man's needs.
The list of riches of the sea yet to be developed by man's technology is impressive. Oil and gas exploration
have been carried out for nearly 30 years. Valuable amounts of mineral exist on the ocean floor ready to be
Fish farming- promises to be a good way to produce large quantities of food. The culture of fish and shellfish
is an ancient skill practiced in the past mainly by the Oriental people.
Besides oil and gas, the sea may offer new source of energy. Experts believe that the warm temperature of the
ocean can be used in a way similar to the steam in a steamship. Ocean currents and waves offer possible use
as a source of energy. Technology is enabling man to explore ever more deeply under the sea. The
development of strong, new materials has made this possible.
The technology to harvest the sea continues to improve. Experts believe that by the year 2020 the problems
that prevent us from exploiting fully the food, minerals and energy sources of the sea will be largely solved.
56. The best title for this passage is ……………
a. Sea Harvest b. Sea Food
c. Man and the Sea d. Technolo gy for Exploiting the Sea
57 The major things that the sea offers man are ………………..
a. fish and oil.
b. minerals and oil
c. warm temperature and ocean currents.
d. the food energy sources, and minerals.
58. The sea serves the needs of man because ……………….
a. it provide man with food. b. it supplies man with minerals.
c. it offers oil to man d. all are correct
59. The words 'Oriental people in paragraph 4 probably mean…………………..
a. the people in Asia b. African people
c. European people d. American people
60. We can conclude from this passage that ……………..
a. the sea resources have largely been used up.
b. the sea has not yet been fully exploited.
c. the problem that prevent us from using the food, minerals and energy sources of the sea have already been
d. by the year 2020 the technology will be good enough to exploit all the sea resources.