Read the paragraph carefully, filling each gap with one suitable word
Postcards always spoil my holidays. Last summer I (1)went to Italy. I visited museums and sat in public gardens. A friendly waiter (2)asked me a few words (3)in Italian. Then he lent (4)me a book. I read a few lines, (5)but I did not understand a word.Everyday I thought (6)about postcards. My holiday passed quickly, but I did not send any cards (7)to my friends. On the last day I made a big decision. I (8)got up early and bought thirty-seven cards.I spent the whole day (9)in my room, but I did (10)not write a single card
Complete the sentences using the given words. Make any changes if necessary
I have't seen him since we left school
2. This/be/first time/Tim/see/rice paddies
This is the first time Tim has ever seen rice paddies.
3. compost/make/from household and garden waste
Compost can be made from household and garden waste.
4. he/tell/me/that/he/borrow/book/school library
He told me that he borrowed that book from the school library
Would you mind if I sat here?
Choose A, B, C or D for each gap to complete the following passage.
''A Kid in King Arthur's Court" is directed by Michael Gottlieb. The main (1).............. in the film is a teenager called Calvin Fuller. Calvin is (2)............ by Thomas Ian Nicholas. This film is a modern retelling of Mark Twain's (3)............ book Connecticut Yankee.
Calvin lives in California, USA. He is a very shy boy and he is not very good at sports. At the beginning of the film, Calvin is playing baseball when there is a (4)............ earthquake. A hole opens in the ground and Calvin falls through it. He lands in the past, in the (5)............ of King Arthur.
Calvin meets King Arthur and Merlin, the wizard. King Arthur is played by Joss Ackland and Merlin is played by Ron Moody. They think that Calvin is (6)........... because he plays them modern music on his CD player and he show them (7) ............. to make rollerblades and a mountain bike. Calvin is trained to be a knight and he becomes more (8).............. Calvin helps King Arthur to beat his enemy, Lord Belasco, and then Merlin sends Calvin back to the future. Calvin finds himself back in the baseball game, (9)............. this time he wins the game.
The special effects in A Kid in King Arthur's Court are very good. Michael Gottlieb is a great director and the actor's performances are good. The film is funny and (10)........... It's a comedy, a drama, and an action film all in one.
1. A. author B. name C. character D. actress
2. A. played B. did C. made D. created
3. A. classify B. class C. classic D. classical
4. A. terrify B. terrible C. terrifying D. terribled
5. A. period B. decade C. moment D. time
6. A. amazed B. amazing C. amaze D. amazes
7. A. what B. whatever C. how D. which
8. A. confident B. confidence C. confide D. confided
9. A. although B. but C. despite D. even
10. A. excite B. excited C. excites D. exciting
1. May I turn on the television?
=> Do you MIND TURNING ON the television? (mind)
2. Would you mind not using the office phone?
=> I'd LIKE TO USE the office phone (use)
3. "Don't throw things away" - Mrs. Thanh said to the students
=> Mrs. Thanh ASKED THE STUDENTS NOT to throw things away (asked)
4. Does your country export coffee to Europe?
=> Is coffee exported to Europe by your country? (exported)
5. I suggest going to the movies now.
=> I suggest that we should go to the movies now (that)
Rewrite the sentences in such a way that it means exactly the same as the first one
1. That's the strangest film I've ever seen
=> I have never never seen a stranger film than this one before
2. The last time we met each other was ten years ago
=> We haven't met each other for ten years .
3. Mai said"It is raining heavily outside."
=> Mai said it was raining heavily outside
4. Have you ever played a computer game before?
=> Is this the first time you have ever played a computer game ?
5. France presented the Statue of Liberty to the United States in 1876
=> The statue of Liberay was presented to the United States by France in 1842.