Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
12. A: I think people nowadays prefer instant messaging and social networking to emails.
A. I don't like emails. B. That's true! C. I'd prefer text messaging. D. That's OK!
13. A: Do you like e-books?
A. No, I prefer them printed. B. They're expensive.
C. No, e-books are good. D. I like them both.
14. Smartphone can be a great learning ____ but you need to think of how to use it effectively.
A. benefit B. choice C. invention D. tool
15. It is convenient for you to read ____ when you travel.
A. e-books B. laptops C. online game D. smartphones
16. Many young people carry a pair of earbuds as they are small, light, and ____.
A. chargeable B. economical C. portable D. transferable
17. Washing machine or vacuum cleaner can help you to ____ time while doing housework.
A. kill B. save C. spend D. waste
18. Velcro has gradually become a familiar ____ for shoes, jackets, and even spacesuits.
A. button B. fastener C. locker D. zipper
19. Most smartphones now ____ flash player as well as voice and video calls.
A. display B. offer C. provide D. support
20. _____ is used to talk to people when you are away from home.
A. cell phone B. fax machine C. radio D. camcorder
21. Hurry up! The bus ______ in a moment.
A. will arrive B. is arriving C. arriving D. will be arriving
22. The cat is just behind the mouse. It ______ the latter.
A. is catching B. will catch C. catches D. is going to catch
23. The internet helps us to interact ______ other people around the world.
A. to B. from C. of D. with
24. I hope He _____ catch up with us soon.
A. is going B. will C. doesn’t D. is
25. Please close the window. The rain.
A. come B. is coming C. had come D. came
26. We managed to climb over the wall without ______.
A. being seen B. to see C. to be seen D. seeing
27. Many animals are ______ for their fur or other valuable parts of their bodies
A. dying B. killing C. killed D. died
28. We'll be late unless we _____ now.
A. leave B. don't leave C. had left D. have left
29. This computer isn't capable _____ running this software.
A. on B. of C. in D. for
30. Sea water is salty. If the oceans ______ of fresh water, there ______ plenty of water to irrigate all of the deserts in the world.
A. consisted/ would be B. consisted/ were
C. would consist/ could be D. consist/ will be
31. ______ you turn on the radio, I’d like to hear the latest news?
A. Should B. Will C. May D. Must