II. Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the underlined part that needs correction in each of the
1. While I walk past the park, I saw some childrenplay football.
2. After John eats dinner, he wrote several letters and went to bed.
3. What did you do at 9 o'clock last night? I phoned you but nobody answered.
4. By the time I arrivedat the station, the train has already left.
5. Ann and Susan have knowneach otherduring they were at school.
6. She has disappeared three days ago, and they are still looking for her now.
7. After Mrs. Wang had returnedto her housefrom work, she was cooking dinner
8. It’s the first time I sawthis film
9. After he graduatesfrom university, he joined the army.
10. Up to now, there had beenno woman being chosen the US president.
11. After Mrs. Wang had returnedto her housefrom work, she was cooking dinner.
12. Jimmy threw the ball high in the air, and Betty catching it when it came down.
13. Linda has worn her new yellow dress only once since she buys it.
14. Last week Mark told me that he got very bored with his present job and is looking for a new one.
15. Having fed the dog, he was sat down to his own meal.
16. When I turned on my computer, I was shockedto find some junk mail, and I justdelete it all.
17. The boss laughed when the secretary has told him that she reallyneeded a pay rise.
18. Debbie, whose father is an excellent tennis player, has been playing tennis since ten years.
19. I have seenlots of interesting places when I went on holiday last summer.
20. When my cat heard a noise in the bushes, she stopped moving and listenintently.