1. .................. terrible weather!
a.What b.What a c.How d.How a
2. After a lot of difficulties, he .................. to open the door.
a.succeeded b.managed c.obtained d.realized
3." I will succeed, .................. a little help from my friend." He said.
a.to b.for c.with d.of
4. .................. air is not good for ..................
a.Pollute / health b. Pollted / health c. pilluting / healthy d. Pollution / healtheier
5. Conversation is one of the most .................. forms of entertainment.
a.enjoyable b.enjoying c.enjoyed enjoy
6. I haven't seen my classmates .................. we left school.
a.for b.since c.over d.during
7. How long .................. you .................. for this company?
a. did/work b.do/work c.have/worked d.will/be worked
8. Sue is my friend. She is a friend of ..................
a.me b.my c.mine d.I
9. If i .................. you, I .................. by train.
a.am/will go b.were/would go c.was you/will go d.will be/will go
10. Yesterday, we did nothing but ..................
a. talking b.talk c.talked d.have talked
1. Fortunately, Nick was too short to be a good baskball player.
a.Fortunately-> unfortunately b.was c.too d.to be
2. We can't have breakfast in the garden because it was very cold.
a.can't->couldn't b.breakfast c.because d.was
3. If you want to attend the course, you must pass the writting test.
a.If b.to attend c.must pass d.writting test-> writing test
4. She was so tired that she decides to go to bed early.
a.was b.tired c.decides->decided d.early
5. The swimming isn't enough deep for us to dive into.
a.isn't b.enough deep->deep enough c.for d.into
6. The people in my town often go to the village have a rest after a hard working week.
a.in b.go c.have->to have d.working
7. What aspect for learning English do you find most difficult?
a.What b.for-> of c.most d.difficult
8. He was very good in Maths when was at school?
a.was b.in->at c.when d.at
Find the word which has a different sound in the part underlined. 1. A. listened B. stayed C. opened D. wanted 2. A. frustrated B. relaxed C. embaassed D. depressed
3. A. multicultural B. conduct C. stuck D. fabulous 4. A. what B. where C. whole D. why 5. A. meat B. reading C. ead D. seat 6. A. writes B. makes C. takes D. drives 7. A. never B. often C. when D. tennis 8. A. needed B. watched C. stopped D. talked 9. A. ethic B. thanks C. these D. birthday 10. A. open B. doing C. going D. cold 11. A. out B. round C. about D. would 12. A. listened B. stayed C. wanted D. played 13. A. humor B. history C. hour D. hoy 14. A. there B. thank C. thirsty D. youth 15. A. clothes B. matches C. colleges D. churches 16. A. worked B. naked C. liked D. looked 17. A. sunbathe B. father C. theater D. weather 18. A. option B. information C. question D. invitation 19. A. stamps B. rulers C. cats D. books 20. A. try B. my C. sky D. study 21. A. sound B. round C. about D. could
22. A. fixed B. watched C. missed D. played 23. A. humor B. history C. honest D. hoy 24. A. they B. thank C. thirsty D. youth
25. A. clothes B. washes C. changes D. watches 26. A.watched B. stayed C. liked D. looked
27. A. these B. father C. theater D. weather 28. A. nation B. information C. question D. pollution 29. A. stamps B. plays C. wants D. books 30. A. decided B. played C. wanted D. provided 31. A. city B. cathedral C. central D. cinema 32. A. treat B. clean C. great D. beach 33. A. clean B. cook C. celeate D. candy 34. A. spring B. visit C. present D. season 35. A. chat B. teacher C. chocolate D. chemistry
CORRECT FORM OF THE WORD
1.Doctors and (science)scientists have reported on how we are all affected by the noise around us
2.Yet,ordinary men and women do not seem to realise how (danger) dangerous too much noise can be
3.People who live in cities spend their lives in an atmosphere of (increase) increasing noise
4.Aeroplanes,cars,buses,machines of all kinds are (continue) continuingly noisy
5.But the more noise there is,the more (increase) increasing we seem to become to it
6.We eat in cafe and restaurants to the (accompany) accompaniment of taped music
7.We walk in streets where the noise of traffic is almost (deaf) deafened
8.At night,we close our windows only to be kept (wake) unawakened by our neighbors
Every four years 180 or more nations send their best athletes to compete (1)___against___ the Olympic Games. As many (2)____as___ 20,000 sportmen and sportswomen take part in more than 20 different sports. Milllions (3 )___of__ people around the world watch the events (4)___on____ television. The inspiration for today’s Olympics came (5)__from___ ancient Greek Games (6)__about____ more than 2,700 years ago. The first modern Olympic Games began (7)____in__ Athens, Greece, in 1896. Individual excellence and team achievement are the theme of the Olympic Games, not competitions (8)____or___ nations. So the International Olympic Committee chooses a city, not a country, to host the Games. No country “wins” the Games, and there is no prize money. Instead, individual and teams compete (9)__for____ gold, silver and bronze medals, and (10)____in___ the glory of taking part
Give correct forms in the blanks
1. He is very generous. Everyone admires his ...selflessness... ( selfish)
2. The company always want to hard- working and ...reliable.. employees. ( rely )
3. This evening was ...enjoyably.... spent in chatting and playing games. ( enjoy )
4. Smoking and drinking a lot of an a ....unhealthy.... lifestyle. ( health)
5. When growing up, you may want more ...independence.... and responsibility. ( depend)
6. Both Italians and Polish are famous for their ...friendliness.... and good spirit. ( friend)
17. The student suffered......terror......when he didn't pass his examination ( terror) 18. I haven't had much............success...........in my applications for jobs ( succeed) 19. Lan works for an ....national.......bank in Ha Noi ( nation) 20. When he write letters to someone, we shouldn't end them with a.........impolite......closing(polite) 24. Alcohol.......advertising........is strictly prohibited ( advertise)
VERB FORM :
1. Sometimes I'd like (learn) ____to learn_______ to play the piano
2. When you see John, remember (give) _____to give____ him my regards
3. Someone must have taken my bag. I clearly remember (leave) ____leaving_____ it by window and now it has gone
4. It's very kind of you (say) ____to say______ so
5. I have nothing (tell) ____to tell______ you today
6. I often avoid (go) ____going_____ to parties
7. Please pardon my (disturb) _____disturbing_____ you
8. I think they are now accustomed to (work) ______working___ 12 hours a day
9. I'm very glad (meet) ____to meet_____ you
10. It's no good (play) ____playing_____ video games