3, I last wrote to him 3 years ago
\(\rightarrow\) I haven't written to him for 3 years
4, It began to rain 5 day ago
\(\rightarrow\) It has rained for 5 days.
5, He began to find a new jod in 2016
\(\rightarrow\) He has found a new job since 2016.
6, He is poor .He helps many people
\(\rightarrow\) Although he is poor, he helps many people.
\(\rightarrow\) Despite being poor, he helps many people.
\(\rightarrow\) He is poor. Howerver, he helps many people.
7, We will use low enerylight bulbs
\(\rightarrow\) Low enery light bulbs will be used.
8, We will plant more trees at school
\(\rightarrow\) More trees will be planted at school.
9, We throw a lot of garbage into water .The water is polluted
\(\rightarrow\) We throw a lot of garbage into water, so the water is polluted.
\(\rightarrow\) The water is polluted because we throw a lot of garbage into water.
7,Plant more trees and we will have fresh air
-If we plant more trees, we will have fresh air
8, We will keep the environment clean .We save energy
-If We save energy, We will keep the environment clean
21. She wishes she…….…a movie star.
A. has been B. will be C. is D. were
22. He wishes his mother……………him much money tomorrow.
A. gave B. would give C. will give D. can give
23. We wish it…….…………today.
A. didn’t rain B. isn’t raining C. hasn’t rained D. doesn’t rain
24. I wish you…….…………well at school, but you don’t.
A. had done B. do C. will do D. did
25. we wish that he…………………………………………….the girl next door.
A. will marry B. can marry C. would marry D. has married
26. I wish she…………………………to my party but she won’t.
A. can come B. could come C. may come D. will come.
27. We wish the weather…….………………… fine today.
A. were B. is C. has been D. will be
Ex 2:Circle the correct stress pattern for each of the words below:
1. energy A.Ooo B.Oo C.ooo
2. entire A.oO B.Oo C.oOoo
3.electricity A.oOo B.oOoo C.ooOoo
4. footprint A.Ooo B.Oo C.ooOo
5.disadvantages A.ooOo B.ooOoo C.Ooo
6.exhausted A.Ooo B.oOo C.ooO
7.fossils A.oO B.Oo C.Ooo
8.alternative A.oOoo B.ooOo C.ooO
9.enough A.oOo B.oOoo C.oO
10.renewable A.ooO B.oOoo C.Oo
1,Bill Gates/born/1995/Washington State . He/grow up / rich family
Bill Gates was born in 1995 in Washington State. He grew up in a rich family.
2,His parents/send/he/private school . There/he/meet/business partner / Paul Allen
His parents sent him to a private shool , There he met his business partner, Paul allen.
3,When/they/be/8th grade , they/write/programs/business/computers
When they were in eighth prade, they were writing programs for business computers.
4, 1973/Gates/be accepted/Havard University. Parents/happy
In 1973 , Gates was accepted at Harvard University. His parents were happy .
5,Two years later/Gates /drop out /of Havard /work/computers programs/his friend Allen
Two years later, Gates dropped out of Harvard to work on a computer program with his friend Allen.
In 1975 , they created a company called Microsoft to sell their product.
7,A few years later/Microsoft/become/giant company.
A few years later, Microsoft became a giant company.
8,By 1990/Gates/the youngest/billionaire/the United State / age of 34.
By 1990, By 1990 , Gates was the youngest billionaire in the history od the USA, at the age of thirty-four.
1. She had been (be) a bit tense lately
2. He said that he hadn't gone (not, go) to school the previous day3. Sometime I wish my parents could (can) put themselves in my shoes
4. Lan needs to take (take) a break
5. I will call (call) her if she wants (want) to go and see film with me tomorrow
6. I am not sure where to go (go) on summer holiday
7. My hometown city had changed (change) a lot recently
8. He got (get) a very high score in his last test
9. We was impressed (impress) by a wide variety of marble sculpture
10. Although she was tired, she finished (finish) knitting the scarf for her dad
11. They started learning (learn) English 5 years ago
12. Yesterday, when we was having (have) dinner, the light went (go) out
13. We can live on selling (sell) silk scarves as souvenirs
14. Conical hat making in the village is passed down (pass) down from generation to generation
15. These baskets are made (make) by crossing strips of bamboo across, over, and under each other
I think life in the countryside has many good points. Firstly, people are friendly to each other. They are willing to help whenever someone gets into trouble. They are so outgoing that we can make friends with them easily. Secondly, life in the countryside is peaceful and simple. There aren’t many vehicles moving on the road as in the city. Thirdly, food is obviously fresher and cheaper. We can eat without worrying too much about food’s safety because vegetables are grown naturally. Finally, traditional activities are very interesting to take part in. In each region, there are its own activities attracting visitors. For these reasons, the countryside is the ideal place for me to live.