a. This is an _________ piece of work.
b. I am full of _________ for the improvements he’s made.
a. Unfortunately, you’ll be at a ___________ if you can’t drive .
b. Knowing a lot of languages, he’s in a very ______________ position.
a. He works for an _________ agency.
b. I saw an ________ for the job in our local newspaper.
a. He gets very angry if you ____________ with his ideas .
b. The ______ we made was for one year only
31. ATTRACT a. I only had a day to visit all the tourist _________ .
b. She smiles so _____________, doesn’t she?
32. BASE a. My grandfather only had a very ___________ education .
b. The organization is run on a voluntary ______________.
a. Half of these _____________ are wrong!
b. My son wants a pocket __________ for his birthday.
c. He was a very cool, ____________ kind of person .
a. Stamp _________ can be a very expensive hobby .
b. Here’s a special offer to all ____________ of foreign coins!
c. The _________ was very successful. It raised $ 3,500.
a. I’m just a beginner in ________ with her
.b. Crimes of violence were _________ rare until a few years ago. c. What happened two years ago is not really _________ to the situation now.
a. Would all __________ please make their way to the start?
b. We’re selling these toys at a very ________ price.
c. If I win this __________ I’ll get a new bicycle.
a. She received a letter of __________ from the hotel.
b. We’ve received an _____________ report of an explosion outside the President’s house .
a. His latest book is a __________ of his previous one.
b. The train service was ___________ because it wasn’t used by many people.
c. I couldn’t get much work done as I was ________ being interrupted by people telephoning me.
d. After four hours’ __________ typing I had a terrible headache. I
I. Supply the correct word forms :
1 It’s hard to find ________ in the summer. (ACCOMMODATE)
2. He has a large _________ of stamps. (COLLECT)
3. He made an unfavorable _________ between food in his country and mine. (COMPARE)
4. They made a _________ about the heating. (COMPLAIN)
5. I had to write a ___________ for homework. (COMPOSE)
6. She gave a ______________ of the new computer. (DEMONSTRATE
7. I had ________ starting my car this morning. (DIFICULT)
8. Have you got some kind of ____________ on you? (IDENTIFY)
9. How serious is her ___________? (ILL)
10. They had a very happy ___________. (MARRY)
11. There was a strange _________ in the bowl. (MIX)
12. Gardening is a relaxing ___________ for some people, but not for me!
13. Could I have _________ to go home early? (PERMIT)
14. There are several _________ mistakes in this letter. (PUNCTUATE)
15. I have made a __________ for next weekend. (RESERVE)
16. He made a ________ about the robbery. (STATE)
17. He made another __________ about who to invite. (SUGGEST)
18. Can I get a __________ of this book? (TRANSLATE
19. He’s having ________ for his bad back. (TREAT)
20. I’ve put on _____________ since I arrived here. (WEIGH)
21. He’s so ________! No wonder he has no friends! (AGREE)
22. We must meet soon, ____________ before Saturday.(PREFER
23. The earthquake caused _________ damage. (EXTEND)
24. The roads were __________ because of the snow. (PASS)
25. This place has changed beyond ____________.(RECOGNIZE)
26. She took the job to be ___________ independent. (FINANCE)
27. He died under ______________ circumstances. (SUSPECT)
28. We can look forward to a period of _________ (PROSPER)
29. I’m afraid I rather __________ agreed to help. (WISE)
30. They were caught in an _______ shower of rain. (EXPECT)
31. I’m afraid I rather __________ agreed to help. (WISE)
32. She spent hours getting the house ___________ clean. (SPOT)
33. If I were you, I wouldn’t make a _________ just yet. (DECISION)
34. It’s _____________ of motorists to drink and drive. (RESPONSE)
35. If you have any special ________, please let me know. (REQUIRE)
36. I don’t mind ____________ criticism but there’s no need to be unpleasant. (CONSRUCT)
37. If you’re not too busy, I could do with some _____________ (ASSIST)
38. I had my trousers _________ because they were too short. (LONG)
39. If you lose your check book, you should _______ the bank without delay. (NOTE)
40. It was a ________ letter addressed to the boss and the secretary shouldn’t have opened it. (CONFIDE)
41. The ________ of the flight was delayed so we had to spend the night at the airport. (DEPART)
42. The teacher warned the children that if they _________ again, they’d be punished. (BEHAVE)
43. It’s ________ to study a language if you’re never going to use it. (POINT)
44. I’m afraid I’m in the _________ position of being out of work and heavily in debt. (ENVY)