Khoanh vào đáp án có câu câu trả lời đúng nhất.
1. Our school now is much better __________ with modern learning facilities.
A. equipment B. equipping C. equip D. equipped
2. John's mother has bought a new car so she decides to stop _________ to work by bus.
A. for going B. to go C. to going D. going
3. All the ____________ to the party received a small gift.
A. attendance. B. attending C. attendants D. attend
4. I didn't like the noise in the city at first. But now __________ here.
A. I got used to living
B. I'm used to living
C. I used to live
D. I used to living
IV. Fill in each numbered blank with one suitable word or phrase.
Today cities are bigger and noisier than cities from the past. They are also more crowded and much polluted because more (1)_____ lives in them. Cities are less relaxing and less friendly than before. Everything (2)_______, not only in cities. In the past, people wrote hand-writing letters to their friends. Today we use computers or laptops for writing or sending e-mails. In fact, computers are much more used than some years ago: They are also less (3)______ to buy and easier to use. One of the games children used to play was (4) ________. Today, they play much more (5) _____ and complex games such as Play Station 3. So, games are funnier and more expensive (6) ______ yesterday games (7)_________ most children. The way we cook has changed, too. In the past, we (8)________ cook on a stove. Today, food is cooked in (9) _____ microwave oven. Food is also cheaper and more (10) _______. So, some things are better than before and some things are worse than before.
Hãy tìm lỗi sai và chữa lại
1. When my family is on holiday, we used to go to the beach every night.
2. He works much more hard for his exams than he does for his normal school work.
3. There used to being a mobile movie team coming to my village every month.
4. I suggest we to raise money to restore the damaged part of the Thien Mu Pagoda.
Hãy chọn đáp án đúng nhất
1. I've been here for five months. I haven't been to the museum, _______________.
A. though B. even though
C. until D. too
2. My mother was cooking __________ somebody came and knocked at the door
A. while B. when
C. as soon as D. after
3. I hope you will finish all your homework _____________ we come home.
A. although B. so that
C. by the time D. after
4. "Have you finished the book?" "Almost. You can have it _____________ I'm done."
A. after B. before
C. until D. while
5. We didn't need to ______________ the fan since the room was not very hot.
A. turn on B. turn off
C. put on D. put off
6. _____________ your coat, it's cold outside.
A. Put on B. Put off
C. Take on D. Take off
7. Remember to ____________ off your shoes when you are in a Japanese house
A. make B. turn
C. take D. give
8. I came here ____________ I could see you.
A. so that B. in order
C. after D. despite
9. She ____________ to wear dresses, but now she does most of the time.
A. used B. didn't use
C. was used D. wasn't used
10. My car is _____________ hers.
A. cheaper and more convenient than
B. more cheap and convenient than
C. more cheaper and convenient than
D. as cheap and more convenient than
11. Who ____________ the boss tell him that? - Peter did.
A. did hear B. does hear
C. hears D. heard
12. He said he _____________ to the party.
A. had rather not go
B. would rather did not go
C. would rather not go
D. had better not going
Combine each pair of sentences. Begin with it and a passive verb.
1. There's a rumour about the company. It is in difficulties.
2. People believed in the Emperor. To them he was a god.
3. Someone reported on the fighting. It had just begun.
4. The figures will show us something about poverty. It is increasing.
5. The official estimate is 200 people. They were killed by the pollution.
6. An agreement was reached about wages. They would be raised by five percent.
7. They have made a decision about the project. It will have to be cancelled
8. There was a suggestion about the tickets. They should cost five pounds.