Make up sentences using the words and phrases given
1. most / people/ not know/ where / their/ plastic/ waste/go/.
2 what / happen/rubbish / your/ area/ ?
3 noise/pollution / occur / because/ there/ too many / loud / sounds/ environment/.
4 many/ animals/ eat/litter/ become/sick/because/ people/throw/it/ground/.
5 people / will/ more / aware / protecting / environment / if / there / more / warnings / about / danger / of / pollution
Help me !!!! ~~~~~~
Nam said to Lan;" Could you buy me an English exercise book
Phuong said to Tuan;"please turn off the radion
Mai said to her friend" Can ypu help my son with his English
Get up early to learn your lesson, Toan
Toan's father told him........
Loan's brother said to her " Can you get back home by half past ten
VII. For each question below (71 - 80), write one word which can be used in both two sentences.71. It's time to record _____ about what really happened last night.
Go _______. Don't beat about the bush.
72. She is only 14 years old but her ______ age is 20 years old.Many ______ illnesses can be cured by special methods.
73. Hang really made an ________ on Thanh - He has not stopped talking about her.
Everyone except me is under _______ that the exam is on next Friday.
74. Dogs have a keen _________ of smell.
She cannot make _________ of the film because it's too complicated.
75.1 don’t understand what ___ Thang to leave his family.
The children really _______ when we were on holiday.
76. Our family always make a _______ of inviting the old woman next door to the Christmas party.
I know she’s your best friend, but it’s beside the _____ . You had no right toinviting her to our house without my permission.
77. These machine has the advantage of ______ on electricity, rather than petrol.
My father is _______ a campaign against hunting wild animals.
78. The problem of the conflict is essentially economic in _______,
She is a calm person by _______ but such things make her angry.
79. This is my last ________ , if next time 1 make a mistake, I'm out.
Let’s go through things again; I don't want to leave anything to ______.
80. I have not attended the class because I’ve been under the _______.
According to the _______ forecast, it’s going to rain.
VIII. Give the correct form of the given words to complete the following passage.For most of us, our 81. (RESIDE) _______ is a permanent structure. Whether a flat or a mansion, our 82. (ROUND) ______ are not built to move. For those who prefer a mobile lifestyle, but want more 83. (SOLID) than a tent can offer,there is an intriguing 84. (ARCHITECT) _______ solution: the shipping container.
Shipping containers are large mental boxes that 85. (MANUFACTURE) ______ use for transporting goods by ship. One of these containers can form the basis of a surprisingly 86. (SPACE) _____ dwelling, and one of which can be easily shipped to different parts of the world. It's easy to design the inside: wooden panels can be used to create separate areas and to make 87.(SHELF) ______ . More difficult is creating the 88. (STRUCTURE)_______ that all homes need to make them 89. (INHABIT) ________ connections to electricity and water. As long as your container isn't too far away from a90. (RESIDE)________ area, and as long as you are prepared to adapt to local conditions, it may well be possible to connect to local supplies. When you decide to move, simply pack up and rearrange for your house to be delivered to your destination!
cảm ơn các bạn đã tích cực giúp mình ạ! cảm ơn:)
lI. Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the correct answer to each of thefollowing seniances.6. 10 fit together the thousands of fragments of the broken vase was a long and ________ task.A. minute B. careful C. painstaking D. minuscule7. Has it ever occurred ________ you that those twins are quite different from each other in many ways?
A. to B with C. at D. on8. The plane was _______ by two hours because of bad weather.A. postponed B. put off C. delayed D. rearranged9. There has been some ________ in the relations between those two countries recently.
A. decomposition B. deterioration C. destitution D. depreciation
10. You must have ______ the examination before Friday, so bring your money to the office as soon as possible.A. passed B. entered for C. sat for D. enrolled for
11. He _______ out of the window for a moment and then went on working.A. glimpsed B. glanced C. regarded D. stared12. I have bought the dress because its color _______ that of the shoes.A. fits B. suites C. matches D. blended13. My mother opened the letter without _______ to read the address on the envelop.A. caring B. worrying C. concerning D. bothering14. If anyone has any _______ concerning the road plan, please contact the Plan Office.A. requests B. investigations C. queries D. demands15. Mum, Dad has just bought you a _______ of flowers.A. bush B. bunch C. bucket D. board16. A person leams a language best _______.A. when being brought up to it B. by being brought up to itC. by being brought among it D. when being brought into it17. The village is nothing out of ________, it’s just an average one.A. typical B. ordinary C. usual D. average18.1 do not have to pay for taxi myself because I put it on my company’s _____ accountA. cost B. value C. expense D. usage 19. The teacher was very annoyed that her student did not meet her deadlines, andshe warned him that his laziness and ________ could result in his bad mark.A. zeal B. fortitude C. procrastination D. carelessness20. Which police officer is _______ this week?A. on emergency B: on call C. on situation D. in condition21. I had been completely exhausted but I felt ________ after watching a funny movie.A. renovated B. refreshed C. renewed D. returned22. Tom always feels jealous _________ his brother because he is handsome and tall.A. in B. on C. at D. of23. The Prime Minister signed the contract ________ of the country.A. on account of B. on behalf of C. for reason D. by means of24. Tim was forced to leave his job but he got a generous golden ________.A. compensation B. handshake C. parachute D. capital25. Nghia has lost a lot of money these last years in the casino. He is a _______ gambler.
A. impulsive B. compelled C. impelled D. compulsive
VI. Insert a suitable word in each of the numbered blanks to complete thefollowing passage.Science as we know it today can be said to have started (61) _______ the ancientGreeks, with the (62) _______ of Herodotus, Aristotle and Theophrastus, all of whomlived from 300 to 500 years before Christ.Their findings were still valid two millenniums later, when science was reborn with the Renaissance following the Dark Ages when after the fall of Rome, roughly 1000 years after the Greeks (63) ______ their scientific theories, science and learning were forgotten during the ravages of war and disease which enveloped the whole of the then civilized world.Geology, even mineralogy, can be (64) _______ back to the Greeks. They recognized that the (65) ________ of the land and sea had changed and that a great length of time had been necessary for these changes. They believed the world was round, that the orbits of planets were also (66) _______ and they noticed that heavy objects fell faster (67) _____ light ones. So, more sciences than one can be said to have begun with the Greeks.Of course, all their learning might have disappeared for good during the six or seven centuries of the Dark Ages. But the Arabs were also (68)_______in science, and they were at the edge of the Dark Ages, so they were able to preserve the (69) _______ of the Greeks, translating some of their work and even building on it. When science finally took root again in the Middle Ages it was based very much on the (70)_______ and work of the Greeks.