Giúp mình lựa chọn đáp án và giải thích hộ mình nhé! CẢM ƠNNNNNNNNN
1. The number of participants in the survey ____ 250 students for Oxford University.
A. are B. was
C. were D. have been
2. Many people even wonder these days ______.
A. what marriage is B. what is marriage
C. what marriage was D. what was marriage
Exercise 2: Choose the best answer to complete these following sentences.
1. _____ she was very tired, she helped her brother with his homework.
A. Because B. whether C. Although D. so
2. It’s raining hard, _____ we can’t go to the beach.
A. or B. but C. so D. though
3. Nam was absent from class yesterday ____ he felt sick.
A. so B. because C. although D. but
4. Tom has a computer, _____ he doesn’t use it.
A. or B. as C. because D. but
Bài tập cụm từ và mệnh đề chỉ mục đích
1. He left home early _________ he could arrive at the station on time.
A. because of B. in order to C. although D. so that
2. He works hard_________ help his family.
A. so as that B. in order to C. in order that D. A and B are correct
3. She turned down the radio so that she wouldn’t disturb the neighbors.
A. She turned down the radio so as not to disturb the neighbors.
B. She turned down the radio in order not to disturb the neighbors.
C. She turned down the radio in order that she wouldn’t disturb the neighbors.
D. All are correct.
4. He gave me his address. He wanted me to visit him.
A. He gave me his address so as to visit him.
B. He gave me his address for me in order to visit him.
C. He gave me his address in order for me to visit him.
D. He gave me his address in order to for me visit him.
5. He studies hard. He doesn’t want to fail in the exam.
He studies hard _________fail in the exam.
A. not to B. so as not to C. in order to D. so that
6. Mary jogs everyday ________ lose weight.
A. so she can B. so that she can C. because she can D. so that to
7. You shoud look up the meaning of the new in the dictionary _______ misuse it
A. so as to B. to C. so as not to D. so that
8. He lighted the candle ________ he might read the note.
A. so that B. and C. because D. as a result
9. He turned off the lights before going out _______ waste electricity.
A. so that not B. as not to C. in order that not D. so as not to
Exercise 1: Choose the best answer to complete these following sentences.
1. He got wet_______ he forgot his umbrella.
A. because of B. because C. but D. and
2. He stops working _______ heavy raining.
A. in spite of B. although C. despite D. because of
3. They have a lot of difficulties in their life _______ their poverty.
A. in spite of B. although C. because D. because of
4. Tom wakes his parents up_______ playing the guitar very softly.
A. because B. in spite of C. because of D. although
5. Nobody could hear her_______ she spoke too quietly.
A. although B. because C. because of D. in spite of
6. We decided to leave early _______the party was boring.
A. although B. despite C. because D. because of
7. Many people believe him__________ he often tells a lie.
A. because B. in spite of C. although D. because of
8. _______she was very hard working; she hardly earned enough to feed her family.
A. In spite of B. Because C. Because of D. Although
9. _______her absence from class yesterday, she couldn’t understand the lesson.
A. Although B. In spite of C. Because of D. Because
10. ______her poorness, she feels happy.
A. Although B. Because C. If D. In spite of
11. We all feel sad _______ the bad news
A. because B. because of C. though D. despite
12. John lost his job__________ his laziness.
A. because of B. because C. in spite of D. though
13. I went to the club last Saturday________ the heavy rain.
A. because of B. because C. in spite of D. though
14. He has had this car_________ six months.
A. in B. since C. during D. for
15. We can't go to Julia's party _______ we're going away that weekend.
A. because B. because of C. although D. in spite of
16. ____ repeated assurances that the product is safe; many people have stopped buying it.
A. By B. Despite C. With D. For
17. She walked home by herself, _______ she knew that it was dangerous.
A. because B. although C. and D. but
18. _______ his injuries, he bears no animosity towards his attackers.
A. Because of B. But for C. In spite of D. Without
19. I'll see you after the show and give you £20 for the tickets, or _______ much they cost.
A. whatever B. nevertheless C. besides D. however
20. Mai worked hard, ______ she passed her exam.
A. so B. although C. because D. though
MỌI NGƯỜI LÀM GIÚP MÌNH VỚI, MÌNH SẼ TÍCH ĐÚNG CHO Ạ. CẢM ƠN RẤT NHIỀU!
Put each verb in bracket into a suitable tense
1- It’s a pity you missed the party. If you (come)…….you (meet)………….. my friend from Hungary.
2- If we (have)……..some tools, we (be)……….able to repair the car, but we haven’t had any with us.
3- Thank you for your help. If you (not help)………me, I (not pass)……….the examination.
4- It’s a beautiful house, and I (buy)……….it if I (have)………the money, but I can’t afford it.
5- I can’t imagine what I (do)………..with the money if I (win) ……….the football pools or a lottery.
6- Mark isn’t a serious athlete. If he (train)…………harder, he (be)…….quite a good runner.
7- If Claire (listen)………to her mother, she (not marry)……….David in the first place.
8- It rained every day in our holiday. If we (not take)………..the TV with us, we (not have) anything to do.
9- Jim is so untidy! If he (buy)………some new clothes, he (not look) so bad.
10- I wish I(have)…….. the money to buy some new clothes, but I can’t afford it at the moment.
11- I wish the government (do)………something about the air pollution in this city.
12- I’m getting really soaked! I wish I (not forget)………..my umbrella.
13- That was a lovely meal, but I wish I (not eat) ……….so much.
14- Come on children! It’s time you (be)………..in bed.
15- Actually, I’d rather you (not smoke)………..in here.
16- Suppose you (see)………..a ghost, what would you do?
17- I’m so annoyed about my car accident. If only I (be)………… more careful!
18- I’d rather you (not put)………your coffee on the top of the book.