I. Underline the best answer :
1. She talked to her friends ( about / on / with ) her vacation in Dalat.
=>She talked about her vacation in Dalat.
2. I ( am / was / were ) very happy on my last vacation.
=> I was very happy on my last vacation.
3. It was a green skirt with white flowers ( in / at / on ) it.
=>It was a green skirt with white flowers on it.
4. Did Liz buy any ( gifts / picture / cap) in Nha Trang ?
=>Did Liz buy any gifts in Nha Trang.
5. He ( doesn’t / won’t / didn’t ) come here last night.
=>He didn't come here last night .
6. ( When / where / What time ) did you see her ? – Yesterday morning.
=> What time did you see her? - Yesterday morning.
7. We ( are visiting / will visit / visit / visited) Ha Long Bay last summer vacation.
=> We visited Ha Long Bay last summer vacation.
8. Lan sometimes ( goes / go / went / is going ) to the zoo.
=>Lan sometimes goes to the zoo.
9. When they ( was / will be / were / are ) children, they often played with each other.
=>When they were children, they often played with each other.
10. Yesterday, I ( am buying / going to buy / buy / bought ) many gifts for him on the trip to Ha Noi.
=>Yesterday,I bought many gifts for him on the trip to Ha Noi.
11. Many young people ( playing/ plays / play ) video games .
=>Many young people play video games.
12. I am going to the ( amuse / amusing / amusement ) center.
=>I am going to the amusement center.
13. He has plenty of homework ( to do / do / doing ) tonight .
=>He has plenty of homework to do tonight.
14. Nam often ( takes/ has /spends ) an hour a day playing video game .
=>Nam often spends an hour a day playing video games.
15. They ( will / are going / will be ) to visit their old friends tomorrow.
=>They are going to visit their old friends tomorrow.
16. The doctor thinks all children ( should / can /might ) take part in outdoors activities with their friends.
=>The doctor thinks all children should take part in outdoors activities with their friends.
17. Hoa ( used to / uses to / gets used to ) the busy city traffic now .
=>Hoa gets used to the busy city traffic now.
18. The students have a ( five- minutes / five minute / five- minute ) break between two periods.
=>The students have a five-minute break between two periods.
19. She goes to the public library( carefully / regularly / suddenly )
=>She goes to public library regularly.
20. Nam can swim, ( too / so / neither ) can Ba .
=>Nam can swim,so can Ba.
1) Does he want (become)____to become________a singer?
2) My father (not, go) _______didn't go_____to work last Tuesday.
3) She always (phone)____phones________me on the weekend.
4) Mr Brown used to (play)____play________football when he was young.
5) _____Did _______You_go__________(go) out last night?
6) You must take an umbrella. It______is raining______(rain) now.
7) You should (underline) _______underline_____the word you want to learn.
8) Can you help me (move)____to move________this table.
9) They were proud of (be)_____to be_______ so successful.
10) She likes (plant) ____planting________roses in the garden.
11) Please stop (ask) _____asking______me questions.
12) She (meet) _____has met_______him for 2 years.
13) The earth (move ) ______moves______ around the sun.
14) You should read English books (improve ) ____to inprove________your English ?
15) She (not see ) ______hasn't seen_______ them since Monday.
16) They were interested in (participate ) _____particpating_______ in Asiad 16th .
17) They often (go) ___go____ for dinner on Saturday afternoon.
18) The sun (rise) _rises___ in the east and (set) __sets____ in the west.
19) My class (start) ___starts___ at 7.00 a.m and (finish) __finishes______ at 11.15 a.m.
20) We (receive) __received______ your letter two days ago.
1. The room__________to store old furmiture
A. used B. was used C. used to be D. used to have
2.You will need_________an umbrella because it rains a lot there
A. to bring B. bring C. bringing D. to bringing
3. The dog_______ by a truck
A. ran over B. was ran over C. was run over D. runs over
4. I_______ with Ms. Adamson in grade 6
A. was studied B. was taught C. studied D. teach
5.You your money in your pocket
A. had better not put B.hadm't better put C.had better not to put D. hadn't better to put
6.______ the way to school, I can see a " no parking" sign
A. on B.in C. by D.with
7.His car crashed into the traffic
A. Signs B. lamps C. lights D.roads
8. Go to the end of this street, turn left and take the first ________ on the right. The school is on your left
A. turn B.turnning C. turned D. to turn
9. What does this road _____means?
- It means " school ahead"
A. light B. symbol C. sign D. lamp
10. Can you see the " speed_____"? you can't drive fast in the area
A.limit B. decreased C.reduced D.stop
11. I______ride a bicycle when i was a child
A. used to B. use to C. am used to D. was used to
12. That area______have a school
A. use to B.used to C. was used to D. is used to
13. My father ______ drive to work , but now he does
A. didn't use to B.didn't used to C.use not to D.did not used to
14._________Jim________drive a big car?
A. Did/use to B.Does/used to C.Was/used to D.Is/ used to
15 My uncle ______ a bus driver, but now he has a desk job
A. used to have B.was used to be C.used to be D. is used to be
1. It is the …………largest………………... shop in town. (large)
2. Monday is the …………worst………………... day of the week. (bad)
3. Ben was the ………noisiest…………………... person in his family. (noisy)
4. Sam is the most popular in the class. (popular)
5. Which is the …………most difficult………………... subject at school? (difficult)
6. Jim is the ……best……………………... player in the football team. (good)
7. Elephants are the ………heaviest…………………... animals. (heavy)
8. Let's pick the ……………biggest……………... apple of the tree. (big)
9. Mary is the …………thinnest………………... girl in the class. (thin)
10. That is the ………most comfortable …………………... sofa in our house. (comfortable)
1. He thinks Chinese is (difficult)__the most difficult_ language in the world
2. Cats are not (intelligent)__as intelligent_ as dog.
3. Who is (talkative)__the most talkative __ person in your family?
4. A cut is (painful)_more painful__ than an insect bite.
5. Apartmentsare usually (cheap)_cheaper__ than separate houses.
6. A tumour is (bad)_the worst __ of all diseases.
7. A man is normally (strong)_stronger__ than a woman.
8. Fruit and vegetables are (healthy)__healthier_ than fast food.
9. Fish is one of (nutritious)__the most nutritious_ food possible.
10. Non-smokers usually live (long)__longer_ than smokers.
11. Which is the (dangerous)__most dangerous_ animal in the world?
11/ Before my mother came home, my brother _________ food on the table.
A. had prepared B. have prepared C. prepared D. had prepare
12/ Phong _________ with his friends last month.
A. went fish B. went fished C. went fishing D. went to fish
13/ I watched movie after I _________ my homework.
A. have completed B. had complete C. had completed D. completed
14/ She _________ breakfast at 8.30 yesterday morning.
A. had B. is having C. was having D. has