I. Read the passage and decide whether the statements are T(True) or F (false).
Community service is work that a person or a group of people does to give benefits to others. You do not get paid to perform community service, but volunteer your time. Community service can help many different groups of people: street children, disabled people, even animals and the environment. Community service is often organized by local groups, schools, universities, or non-profit organizations. You can start your own community service projects. Many people participate in community service because they enjoy helping others and improving their community.
There are numerous benefits to participating in community service, both for yourself and others. Community service gives you a way to help others, helps improve your community, and helps you to be sociable and to meet new friends. Moreover, it gives you a way to gain work experience and learn more about certain jobs. There are hundreds of ways to participate in community service, depending on your skills, your interests, and your free time.
1. The purpose of community service is to help others.
2. You are well-paid to take part in community service.
3. Community service does nothing for the environment.
4. Non-profit organizations also take part in community service.
5. Community service is only organized by individuals.
6. For many people, helping others is enjoyable.
7. You can gain work experience by doing community service.
8. You can’t choose suitable work of community service.
Bài 3. Nguời ta tiến hành 2 thí nghiệm sau:
- TN1: Cho 2,02 gam hỗn hợp Mg, Zn vào cốc đựng 200ml dung dịch HCl . Sau phản ứng đun nóng cho nước bay hơi hết thu được 4,86 gam chất rắn.
- TN2: Cho 2,02 gam hỗn hợp trên vào cốc đựng 400ml dung dịch HCl trên. Sau khi cô cạn thu được 5,57 gam chất rắn.
a. Chứng minh trong TN1 axit hết, TN2 axit dư.
b. Tính thể tích khí bay ra ở TN1.
c. Tính số mol HCl tham gia phản ứng.
d. Tính số gam mõi kim loại
Exercise 4 : Choose the best answer A, B, C or D to complete the sentences.
1. I think you should _____ jogging because it is very useful for your health.
A. take B. to take C. take up D. take in
2. My aunt often ________ money to charitable organizations to help street children and the homeless.
A. makes B. does C. donates D. send
3. Brian_______ many community services when he was a student.
A. has done B.did C.does D. was doing
4. Green School _______ vegetables for an orphanage last spring.
A. planted B. plant C. grow D. is planting
5. - What did you do last weekend?
- I __________ to the SOS Children’s Village to tutor the children there.
A. going B. go C. went D. goes
6. We can make postcards and sell them to ______ money to help the homeless.
A. rise B. raise C. get D. own
7. We can get many _______ from volunteer work.
A. benefit B. benefits C. advantage D. good luck
8. Children _______ plastic bottles for recycling a month ago.
A. collected B. collect C. collecting D. was collected
9. We_______ English to children in a primary school last summer.
A. teaching B. taught C. teach D. to teach
10. Our school club ________ gloves for old people in nursing homes last winter.
A. made B. making C. make D. is making
11. About one-fifth of the American population ______ volunteer work each year.
A. do B. does C. make D. makes
12. We________ bottles to help the environment last month.
A. reusing B. reuse C. reused D. to reuse
13. To help people with transportation, we can ______ rides to the elderly.
A. ask B. give C. donate D. help
14. We should help people _______ , especially the homeless, the elderly and street children .
A. needed B. need C. at need D. in need
15. Doing volunteer work can ______ you feel more confident.
A. do B. make C. bring D. force
16. We ______ very busy last week.
A. was B. am C. were D. will be
17. When my family went on holiday , we________ a lot of photos
A. took B. saw C. buy D. do
18. In 2012, they ______ their project for street children.
A. started B. are starting C. starts D. have started
19.Yesterday we___ to an interesting lecture about coloured vegetables in our cooking classes.
A. read B. study C. listened D. studied
20. Last week, Our friends also ________ other activities like clean-up or gardening
A. joining B. take C. join D. joined