I. Read the passage and decide whether the statements are T(True) or F (false).
Community service is work that a person or a group of people does to give benefits to others. You do not get paid to perform community service, but volunteer your time. Community service can help many different groups of people: street children, disabled people, even animals and the environment. Community service is often organized by local groups, schools, universities, or non-profit organizations. You can start your own community service projects. Many people participate in community service because they enjoy helping others and improving their community.
There are numerous benefits to participating in community service, both for yourself and others. Community service gives you a way to help others, helps improve your community, and helps you to be sociable and to meet new friends. Moreover, it gives you a way to gain work experience and learn more about certain jobs. There are hundreds of ways to participate in community service, depending on your skills, your interests, and your free time.
1. The purpose of community service is to help others.
2. You are well-paid to take part in community service.
3. Community service does nothing for the environment.
4. Non-profit organizations also take part in community service.
5. Community service is only organized by individuals.
6. For many people, helping others is enjoyable.
7. You can gain work experience by doing community service.
8. You can’t choose suitable work of community service.