Talk about your ideal city of the future in the year 2080?
Fill in each blank in the following sentences with the correct word/phrase from the box.
sustainable optimistic infrastructure quality of life city dwellers
detects renewable urban overcrowded inhabitants
1.Most of the population we will see in 2050 will be in cities that don’t even exist yet in Africa, Southeast Asia, China, Central and South America
2. In fact, India is projected to add 404 million to its population by 2050
3. London has recently started a new traffic light system that____________ when a lot of cyclists are approaching and stays green longer to aid traffic flow.
4. The city of the future should have the_________ and transportation which link the needs of citizens of all generations.
5. Songdo is unique, offering city______________ something they have never had access to before.
6. The city officials are________that the downtown will continue to be a green population center.
7.This rapid growth of the population has caused daunting problems for city planners, such as _________roads.
8. It comes as no surprise that Seattle is the gold standard of________________ city living.
9. New York City is expected to increase its___________ energy capacity by 50% by 2050.
10. Our communities will be cleaner and more sustainable, so our___________________ will be better.