Tell names of celebrations in Viet Nam
1/It is raining but the flight isn’t delayed.→Though_____________________.
2/ Although he was successful, he felt unsatisfied.→In spite of______________________________.
3/ Although his leg was broken, he managed to get out of the car.→ He managed to get out of the car despite ______________________.
4/ The boy is Nam. He is sitting at the table .->The boy ______________.
5/The dog was saved last night. He was injured very badly.→The dog ____________________.
1. Congratulation! You win the first prize. -____________________________
A. Well done. B. That’s right. C. Thanks so much D. Why!
2. It’s the weather forecast on TV . Can you turn ___________________ the volume ?
A. at B. up C. out D. between
3. Easter is a joyful festival _______________comes in early spring.
A. which B. that is C. where D. when
4. Anna Javis was the woman ____________first thought of Mother’s Day.
A. that B. who she C. she D. whose
5. The teacher is giving his students advice ________________ how to write a good essay.
A. on B. in C. about D. from
6. Passover, A Jewish festival, __________________ freedom from slavery.
A. is celebrated B. celebrate C. celebrates D. celebrating
7. Mid – Fall Festival is a _________ festival for children.
A. joy B. joyful C. joyless D. joyfully
8. We think Mother’s Day should be celebrated _________ .
A. nation B. national C. nationality D. nationwide
9. Whales and dolphins both make sounds ____________in some ways are similar to a language.
A. which B. by which C. who D. whom
10. My grandmother, _________ an intelligent woman, has greatly influenced my life.
A. who B. that C. who is D. that is
11. _________ Easter, many children and adults enjoy painting eggs.
A. On B. At C. During D. In
12. - A: “Happy Birthday! This is for you.” - B: “ ___________________”
A. Oh, thank so much B. Oh, thank you so much C. That’s kind to me D. I am glad you like it.
11. Tet is a time for families to clean and _________ their homes.
A. cover B. decorate C. install D. conserve
12. People __________ live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones
A. whose B. who C. whom D. which
13. Passover is a (an) __________spring festival of Jewish.
A. modern B. new C. ancient D. disappointed
14. In my opinion, it’s _______ to have a day to celebrate for Mom and another day for Dad.
A. proud B. worried C. nervous D. necessary
15. People eat a special meal called __________at Passover.
A. Seder B. chocolate C. turkey D. pancake
1. _________________of her work is improving. (Efficient)
2. There are many people _______________ sticky rice cakes at the Town Hall. ( make )
3. Try not to add more ________________ into the environment, we will live healthier. ( pollute )
4. The students participated in the festival _____________________. (joy)
5. She has been ________________________as the president of our company. (nominate)
6. There are many ______________________ throughout the year (celebrate)
7. He wants to ___________________________ his room. (decoration)
8. In spite of being poor, the lady often behaves to everyone ________________( generous)
9. Let me ______________you on being awarded scholarship. . ( congratulation)
10. It’s ____________________that people have spoiled the beach. (disappoint)
11. The man living in my neighborhood gave the charity _____________money. (consider)
12. Passover is _______________________ in Israel and by all Jewish people. (celebration)
13. These kinds of food are ___________ available in supermarket. (free)
14. The campaign against air pollution was organized by a famous environment _____________. (act)
15. _____________________, people eat sticky rice cakes at Tet. ( tradition)
16. She has been ____________ as the president of our company. (nominate)
17. She cried with ____________ when she heard the news. (joy)
18. We often go to the town ___________ house. (culture)
19. They got bored with planting flowers because the chemical was almost totally __________in killing the weeds. (effect)
tìm lỗi sai và sửa
1.we shouldn't turn off thê lights when nobody is in the room
2.my father is worried on his water bill
3.why don't we switching off the fan?Nobody is in the room?
4.What is the purpose about the labeling scheme?
5.Nga failed her english test.Because she has to do the test again
6.Either Nga or Ba are going to the supermarket