Viết lại câu nghĩa ko đổi
Mr Clark bought a new car although we advised him against it . (Despite)
Giải đúng mk tick
IV. Read the passage and choose (A,B,C or D) to complete each of the blanks.
Emerging like a pearl in the Gulf of Thailand, Phu Quoc is Vietnam’s (1) ……….island. Spanning on an area of 590 sq km, Phu Quoc is as large as Singapore in 1960.
Crystal clear water, unspoiled beaches, peaceful rivers, picturesque waterfalls, and tropical forests are the most precious treasures of the island. These natural attractions, combines (2) ………. the fact that Phu Quoc is a deeply rural island, has made the largest island in Vietnam an ideal destination (3) ……….tourism. Having fun on the beach with some sport or just relaxing in this paradise’s wind and sun is by (4) ………. means a cliché since Phu Quoc’s beaches are exceptional. Otherwise, if you are the adventurous type, Phu Quoc is blessed with dense tropical forest and mighty waterfalls, (5) ……… suitable for your trekking excursion.
1. A. largest B. larger C. the largest D. larger than
2. A. for B. with C. off D. to
3. A. for B. with C. to D. on
4. A. many B. no C. such D. most
5. A. perfect B. terribly C. perfectly D. terrible
V. Read the passage and fill in the blank with ONE word.
My aunt went back to Ho Chi Minh city after more than 30 years. She was amazed to have (1) (in) dramatical changes in every aspect of life in Ho Chi Minh city, (2) (where) she left to join her family in the US in 1980. There are many high-rise buildings, skyscrapers, businesses, companies, corporations and hotels. People dress nicer and (3) …………… more professional. Supermarkets and convenience shops are almost everywhere. Access (4) …………….foreign products is just easy. Among modernity, what her eyes most was street (5) …………….on many streets of the city. She (6) …………..at one of them, eating “che”, and looking at people who passed by. “What a vibrating growing city!” she thought.
Write complete sentences about the eating customs in Viet Nam, using the words/ phrases given in their correct forms. You can add some more necessary words, but you have to use all the words given.
1. In Viet Nam/ rice/ one/ staple foods.
2. most common cooking styles/ deep-frying/ stir-frying/ boiling/ steaming.
3. Vietnamese food/ tend/ not/very fatty/ as/ they/ use/ minimal oil/ dishes.
4. Most/ the meals/ combination/ meats/ vegetables/ herbs.
5. Most meals/ served/ extra soy sauce/ fish sauce.
6. The food/ often all/ placed/ center/ table.
7. The Vietnamese/ usually use/ chopsticks/ spoons.
8. Cooks/ like/ emphasize/ fresh, natural taste/ ingredients.
I. Write instructions on how to cook a dish of your favourite. Use the ideas below to help you.
1. What are the ingredients? (mushroom, garlic, flour, sugar...)
2. What must you do before you begin to cook? (cut, slice, chop, grate, mince...)
3. How do you cook the food? (fry, simmer, roast, boil...)
I. Circle the letter A, B, C or D before the word in each group that has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest.
1. A. promised B. hopped C. booked D. burned
2. A. though B. ought C. thought D. bought
3. A. hard B. carry C. card D. yard
4. A. try B. why C. heavy D. dry
5. A. cool B. food C. look D. flood
II. Choose the words that has a different stress pattern from the others.
6. A. practical B. designer C. minority D. occasion
7. A. consist B. fashion C. design D. collect
8. A. enjoyment B. pagoda C. collection D. business
9. A. economical B. federation C. itinerary D. complication
10. A. advertise B. deposit C. candidate D. institute
III. Circle A, B, C or D to complete the following sentences.
11. The teacher told him _________ up late.
A. to not stay B. to stay not C. to stay not D. not to stay
12. My father is good at _________ English.
A. speaking B. spoken C. speak D. to speak
13. We are all ______ that you passed your English exam. Congratulation!
A. relieved B. afraid C. delighted D. certain
14. “________to come and have dinner with us?” “I’d love to but I’m very busy”.
A. would you mind B. could you please C. Would you like D. Do you enjoy
15. I am very ________ in the information you have given me.
A. concerned B. interested C. surprised D. worried
16. Can you tell me where ________ ?
A. she does B. does she C. she is D. is she
17. You have to work ________ for the coming exam.
A. hardly B. more hardly C. more hard D. hard
18. I saw her _________ the flowers in the garden.
A. watering B. watered C. be watered D. is watering
Fill in the blanks with: much/ many/ few/ little/ most.
1. She isn't very popular. She has __________ friends.
2. Ann is very busy these days. She has _________ free time.
3. Did you take __________ photographs when you were on holiday?
4. I'm not very busy today. I haven't got __________ to do.
5. This is very modern city. There are ________ old buildings.
6. The weather has been very dry recently. We're had ___________ rain.
7. __________ English learners is becoming greater and greater.
8. __________ people have applied for the job.
9. Did it cost ____________ to repair the car?
10. _________ of my friends live in HCM city.
Put the verbs in brackets into the correct tenses of the conditionals.
1. If we ( take) ___________, the children ( not go) ____________ for a walk.
2. If she ( not read ) _______________ the novel, she ( not pas) ______________ the literature test.
3. If I ( not argue) _____________ with my friend, he ( lend) _________________ me his motorbike.
4. If we ( take) __________ the bus, we ( not arrive) ___________ in time.
5. If Dick ( not buy) ______________ the book, hiis friends ( be) ____________ angry with him.
6. If Tom ( not tidy up) ___________ his room, Victoria ( not help) ________________ him with the muffins.
7. If the boys ( not play ) _______________ football, te girls ( not come) ___________ to the football pitch.
8. If you ( eat) __________ too much junk food, you ( not lose) __________ weight.
9. If I ( not make) ____________ breakfast tomorrow morning, my girlfriend ( not love ) ___________ me anymore.
10. If they ( not hurry) _______, they ( not catch) ________ the train.
Chọn đáp án đúng.
1. Can I have a pizza, a dozen eggs and a _________ of lemonade, please?
A. piece B. tub C. bottle D. jar
2. I think that __________ lemon juice on fish makes it taste better.
A. few B. a few C. littke D. a little
3. If parents don't cook at home, their children _______ more fast food.
A. may have B. had had C. have D. would have
4. If my mother goes home late this evening, my father ___________.
A. had cooked B. has cooked C. will cook D. would cook
5. I would like a ___________ of broccoli and two carrots.
A. slice B. head C. bunc D. clove
6. We couldn't buy anything because _________ of the shops were open.
A. all B. half C. most D. none
7. If you eat a lot of fruit, you _______ health problems
A. had B. will never have C. have D. may have
8. Such _________ a sugar, sugarcane, and cocount water are mostly used in Southern Vietnamese food than in Nourthern and Central Viet Nam
A. ingredients B. menus C. dishes D. courses
9. I didn't eat everything that they __________ me at the party.
A. served B. shared C. cooked D. baked
10. The village was very small. there were __________ houses.
A. a few B. only a few C. some D. only a little.