VIII. Fill in the blank with a suitable preposition.
1. She asked me when I set_________ for my business and she said that she would like to go with me.
2. I never visit people’s homes ____________the first day of the New Year unless they invite me.
3. There are numerous rituals related_________daily activities.
4. _____ important days_______________ the year, I always lay food _______the altar______ my ancestors because i believe that they will enjoy the meal with my family.
5. If you sweep the floor during the first three days of the festival, you might sweep ______ any wealth.
6. People try to choose a favorable date when setting _________ for an examination or starting _________ a business venture.
7. Vietnamese people strongly believe _________ life after death.
8. The origin of Vietnamese superstitions based ________ scientific research.
9. People care much __________ the first person who visits their home________the first day of the year.
10. The fork is held _______ the left hand and the knife _______ the right hand.
11. The British usually pay a lot of attention _________ good table manners, and are expected to use knives, forks and spoons properly.
12. Lan has just made a decision to get engaged _______a foreign man.
13. Like many things in the society, the custom of a country can change___________ time.
14. Americans are practical and they place great value ________money.
15. Children can choose their partners, even if their parents object ____ their choice.
16. In American family parents have less influence ______ their people.
17. A typical Vietnamese woman is hard-working, skillful, and devoted _______ her family.
18. A woman often spends at least four or five hours _______ different household chores.
19. When she first met him, she fell _________ love with him at once. They loved each other ______ first sight.
20. My boyfriend asked me to go out __________ a date.