Talking about teen stress and pressure and how to cope with them
Complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first sentence, using the word in capital. 1. He said he wouldn‟t have enough time to finish the job. (WILL) ___________________________________________________________________________ 2. When did your friends eat that chocolate cake? (WAS) ___________________________________________________________________________ 3. “What are the skills you concern most?” my teacher asked. (I) ___________________________________________________________________________ 4. I have never read such as interesting novel as The Little Prince. (MOST) ___________________________________________________________________________ 5. Finish your homework or you can‟t go out with your friend. (IF) ___________________________________________________________________________ 6. They‟re not sure how they should operate the new system. (TO) ___________________________________________________________________________ 7. It took me 4 hours to read the first chapter of the book. (SPENT) ___________________________________________________________________________ 8. Snowboarding is more dangerous than tennis. (AS) ___________________________________________________________________________
I. Choose the word whose underline part is pronouced differently from the others.
1. A. variety B. fabulous C. affordable D. negative
2. A. provided B.needed C. wanted D. played
3. A. humor B. history C. hour D. hobby
4. A. sunbathe B. father C. theater D. weather
5. A. attraction B. information C. question D. pollution
II. Choose the word which is stressed differently from the rest.
1. A. reliable B. variety C. metropolitan D. determine
2. A. fabulous B. urban C. factor D. conduct
3. A. index B. metro C. asset D. determine
4. A. conflict B. embroider C. conduct D. enjoy
5. A. picture B. pottery C. surface D. reliable
III. Choose the correct answer:
1. Adolescence is the period _____ child and young adulthood
A. for B. between C. and D. from
2. Your body will change in shape and _____
A. height B. high C. tall D. taller
3. Your brain will grow and you'll have improved self-control and _____ skills
A. housekeeping B. resoning C. social D. emotion control
5. The girls are making fun _____ me so I'm very embarresed
A. to B. for C. with D. of
6. Physical changes are different for every, so you don't need to feel embarrased or _____
A. frustrated B. tense C. confident D. delighted
IX. Write complete sentences, using the words/ phrases given in their correct forms. You can add some more necessary words, but you have to use all the words given.
Tips for a successful start in a middle school
46. If/ I/ you/ I/ try/ new things/ such as/ join/ new sports clubs/ your classmates.
47. You/ do/ homework carefully/ and/ keep/ assignments/ organized.
48. It/ good idea/ know/ when/ you/ tests/ and/ revise/ lessons.
49. You/ your teachers email addresses/ so that/ you/ ask/ missing assignments.
50. It/ help/ consider/ write down/ all assignments/ and/ test dates/ planner.