15. My uncle is ___________. He composed music and plays the piano very wel.
A. musician B. music player C. music writer D. music fan
16. The Ao dai is the_______dress of Vietnamese women.
A. casual B. traditional C. international D. social
17. Miss Nga designs clothes for ladies. She is a _______ .
A. clother B. clothing C. cloth maker D. fashion designer
18. Poets are usually inspired with beauty. They write_______ to show their feeling.
A. novels B. poems C. text reading D. essays
19. Vietnamese women usually wear the Ao dai , especially on_______ occasions.
A. casual B. national C. special D. additional
20. The Ao dai _______of long silk tunic that is slit on the sides and worn over loose pants.
A. comprises B. made C. composed D. consist
21. Nguyen Du, one of famous Vietnamese_______wrote “Truyen Kieu”.
A. poets B. poems C. poetry D. poetic
22. Traditionally, the Ao dai was _______by both men and women.
A. wear B. wearing C. wore D. to wear
23. For centuries, poets, writers and musicians have ________the Ao dai in poems, novels and songs.
A. said B. told C. talked D. mentioned
24. However, many Vietnamese women today_______to wear modern clothing at work.
A. prefer B. like more C. enjoy D. avoid
25. Some designers have taken _______ from Vietnam’s ethnic minorities.
A. liking B. hobby C. inspiration D. interest
26. This is a very popular TV program. Every week it _______by millions of people.
A. has been watched B. is watched
C. watches D. was watched
27. My uncle moved to the North six months ago. I _______ from him since.
A. didn’t hear B. don’t hear C. haven’t heard D. couldn’t hear
28. This _______very often. It becomes deserted.
A. are used B. has used C. isn’t used D. hadn’t been used
29. Is Margaret popular? – Yes, she_______by every body.
A. is liked B. likes C. has been liked D. was liked
30. I’ve been waiting for you for an hour. Where _______?
A. were you B. are you C. have you been D. did you
31. Tom _______write to me until last year. Now he send me e-mail.
A. is used to B. uses to C. used to D. gets used to
32. IT is the best score. Nobody has _______done this before.
A. never B. any C. not D. ever
33. Up to now, our teacher _______our class for tests on mathematics.
A. gives B. gave C. is giving D. has given
34. Mr. John feels tired because he _______ hard all day.
A. works B. worked C. has worked D. had worked
35. This film is so interesting that I _______three times.
A. have seen it B. saw it C. see it D. had seen it
36. We have to wait. A decision_______until the next meeting.
A. wasn’t made B. didn’t make C. won’t be made D. hadn’t been made
37. We needn’t pay for service. Service _______ in the bill.
A. was included B. including C. included D. is included
38. The room looks different. _______ since I was last here?
A. Has it been painted B. Is it painted C. Was it painted D. Is it being painted
39. Pay attention, please. Cars _______ in “ No parking” area.
A. must be parked B. must park C. mustn’t park D. mustn’t be parked
40. Try these cakes. They are made_______ wheat flour, sugar and eggs.
A. of B. by C. from D. in
41. The mountains can be seen _______a great distance.
A. at B. in C. to D. from
42. I _______back to the village where I was born for a long time.
A. isn’t B. wasn’t C. haven’t been D. am not
43. Don’t touch the window. It _______.
A. has just painted C. just have been painted
B. just painted D. has just been painted
44. Several people were hurt in the accident but only one _______ to hospital.
A. has taken B. has been taking C. was taken D. was taking
45. “ Are you sorry that you didn’t take pictures?” – “ Yes. I wish_______ .“
A. I took B. I had C. I take D. I had taken
46. So far ten houses_______.
A. are built B. were built C. have been built D. have built
47. He insisted on _______ a receipt for the bill he had repaid.
A. to be given B. being given C. giving D. given
48. I bought my sister a beautiful scarf _______ her holiday.
A. in B. to C. for D. at
49. Many of our useful medicines are made _______ plants.
A. of B. in C. by D. from
50. He has written four novels ________.
A. recently B. one year ago C. last year D .yesterday