Tìm từ phát âm khác với các từ còn lại
A Deaf- mute
Mong mn giúp em sớm vì sắp thi rồi ạ:>
Exercise 7. Read the following passage and choose the best answers to each of the question below.
The first computers were very large machines. Now computers come in all shapes and sizes. There were still big computers for companies or universities. There are other special computers for factories. There large computers tell the factory machines what to do. But there are also small personal computers to use at home or in an office. There are even computers in telephones, television sets, and cars. These computers have to be very small. They are so small you cannot even see all their parts.
36. The first computers were _______________.
A. tiny B. huge C. in all shapes and sizes D. all are corect
37. There are computers _______________.
A. for companies and universities B. to use at home
C. in telephones, television D. all are correct
38. What does the word 'They' in line 5 refer to?
A. telephones B. television sets C. cart D. computers
39. What is the passage written about?
A. old computers B. modern computers
C. computers' shapes D. computers' sizes
40. Which of the following is true?
A. The first computers were very large.
B. Nowadays, there are only small computers.
C. All modern computers are so mall that you cannot see all their parts.
D. Modern computers have the same size.
Exercise 6. Choose the word (a,b,c, or d) that best fits each of the blank speces.
Computers are very (31)_____ but they can also cause problems. One kind of problem is with the computer's memory. It is not perfect, so (32)_____ computers lose important information. (33)_____ problem is with the machinery. Computers are machines, and machines can break down. When computers break down, they (34)_____ erase information, like chalk on a blackboard. Or they may stop doing anything at all. And there is another different kind of problem with computers. Some doctors say they may be bad for your (35)_____ . They say you should computers all day.
31. A. useful B. careful C. helpful D. a & c
32. A. nearly B. hardly C. never D. sometimes
33. A. Other B. Another C. Some D. Many
34. A. may B. must C. should D. need to
35. A. health B. healthy C. healthful D. healthily
Exercise 5. Choose the underlined part that needs correcting.
26. I have already cleaned the floor, but I still need / dusting / the furniture. A B C D
27. I knew Tim when he was a child , but I didn't see him for many years. A B C D
28. There was / something / wrong to / one of the tires. A B C D
29. Study is no longer / restricted on just one location. A B C D
30. He had / not idea how difficult / the job was. A B C D
Exercise 4. Choose the word or phrase that best completes each unfinished sentence below.
6. Tom ______ his flu shot, so he probably won't get the flu this year.
A. already had got B. already has got C. has already gotten D. is already gotten
7. -'How long ______ Tom?' - 'Since we were kids.'
A. have you know B. have you known C. did you know D. do you know.
8. I have no idea where she is.
A. do not know B. don't care about C. don't think about D. don't take care of
9. The information was restricted ______ teachers.
A. for B. of C. on D. to
10. ______ durian when you live in Malaysia?
A. Have you ever eat B. Did you ever eat C. Do you ever eat D. Was you going to eat
11. Could you turn the oven ______ if you're going in the kitchen?
A. off B. in C. up D. over
12. ______ is a machine that prints words from a computer.
A. Printer B. Monotor C. Input tray D. Bulletin boar
13. They won't let him ______ the country.
A. to leave B. leaves C. leave D. leaving
14. What's wrong ______ the engine? It's making an awful noise.
A. with B. to C. of D. about
15. At first , she doesn't agree ______ early , but she changes her mind in the end.
A. to start B. starting C. start D. with starting
16. Dr.Meier has ______ his interview , so he has left the TV.
A. already finished B. yet finished C. already finishing D. yet finishing
17. Don't disturb Amy. She ______ to sleep.
A. has just gone B. just went C. just go D. has just went
18. I'd like to visit Vietnam and Malaysia one day, ______ you.
A. similar B. like C. the same as D. b & c
19. I am not prepared to discuss ______ the matter any further.
A. about B. to C. on D. ∅
20. Ann no longer works here.
A. Ann no more works here B. Ann doesn't still work here
C. Ann doesn't work here any more D. Ann still work here
21. Don't forget to ______ all the lights before you go to bed.
A. turn off B. find out C. point out D. plug in
22. You can't watch the televison - it's Broken.
A. in pieces B. not working C. unplugged D. unnecessary
23. I forgot bring a pen . Can you lend me _____ ?
A. pen B. one C. it D. your
24. The book is short but ______.
A. entertained B. entertaining C. time-consuming D. time-consumed
25. _____ is the grounds and buildings of a university or college.
A. Campus B. Highlands C. Valley D. Bay
Exercise 3. Choose the word whose anderlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others.
1. A. access B. adjust C. freshman D. disagree
2. A. computer B. printer C. entertain D. concern
3. A. shop B. post C. monitor D. positive
4. A. bought B. found C. without D. output
5. A. way B. without C. want D. wrong
Exercise 2. Put the verbs in brackets in the correct verb tense : the Present Perfect or Past Simple.
1. Tom (call) __________ his boss yesterday.
2. I (meet) __________ Robert at the supermarket this morning.
3. We (fly) __________ to Ha Noi several times, but last summer we (go) ________ there by train.
4. When (your father / give up) __________ smoking?
5. My uncle (move) __________ to Da Lat in 2005.
6. I (be) __________ to Sa Pa twice since 2000.
7. We (spend) __________ our summer vacation in Ha Long Bay last July.
8. I (watch) __________ the film Titanic already.
9. The postman (deliver) __________ the letter half an hour ago.
10. I (hear) __________ the good news from Mary a few minuters ago.
11. I (have) __________ this iPad for three years. My father (give) _______ it to me when I was in grade 6.
12. My mother (do) _________ all the cleaning. The apartment is really clean now.
13. Someone (turn) __________ on the hi-fi. Do you know that song?
14. The match (just start) ___________ . Our team is playing very well.
15. He (lose) ___________ his credit card. He can't find it anywhere.
16. Prices (go) ___________ up. Everything is more expensive nowadays.
17. (you / buy) __________ the laptop yet.
18. Miss White (work) __________ in Ha Noi from 2011 and 2014.
19. I can't take any pictures because I (not / buy) __________ a new film yet.
20. (they / spend) __________ their holiday in New Zealand last summer?
Exercise 1. Put the verbs in brackets in the present perfect tense.
1. I (already / visit) __________ our form teacher in the hospital.
2. John (already / read) __________ the letter from Mary.
3. We (not begin) __________ to learn for the test yet.
4. Nancy (be) __________ to Vietnam several times.
5. They (not start) __________ the project yet.
6. The Greens (be) __________ to many countries in the world so far.
7. We (go) __________ to that village to do volunteer work several times.
8. Our teacher (already / explain) ___________ to us how to use the printer.
9. My pen isn't here any more. Someone (already / take) __________ it.
10. Mai (not finish) __________ her homework yet.