Do you have any problems with friends? do you think that having a good relationship with others will help promote your work? Why/Why not?
Ex1: complete the following sentences, using a suitable preposition for each gap:
1. There are many people who seem to be incapable________making friends.
2. Knowledge can help to brighten________your future.
3. Selfish people are concerned only________their own interests and feelings.
4. I always think_________my son.
5. Friendship is a two-sided affair , it lives_______give-and-take.
6. He takes_______an English course to improve his English.
7. They seem to be tired______doing the same things every day.
8. All soldiers must loyal______his country.
9. Those who are easily influenced_______rumours can never be good friends.
10. Those people seem to have no sympathy_______his abject condition.
11. Good friendship should be based________mutual understanding.
12. He insisted_______paying for the meal.
I'm sorry for not(1)__ to you for two months. In my postcard sent to you when I was on vacation in July, I told you about a new friend of(2)__, Lisa Moran, who lives near my uncle's farm in Napan Valley, California. You may be curious to know what she is(3)__.
Well, Lisa is of our age-17- and not very tall or slim. In fact, she has(4)__ rounded shoulders and a plump face. The best(5)__ on Lisa's face are her green eyes and the two simples on her checks. She(6)__ lively with her hair cut short and dressed in(7)__ clothes- jeans and a T-shirts. When I first met her at my cousin's birthday party, I was attracted by her(8)__ and pleasingly direct manners. Curiuosly enough, Lisa has the same(9)__ in music as you and I.
That's(10)__ about Lisa for the moment. How have you been doing with your school work? Please write soon.
1. A.write. B.to write. C.writing. D.wrote
2. A. I. B.me. C.my. D.mine
3. A.looking. B.like. C.seen
4. A.slightly. B.hardly C.scarcely. D.reasonably
5. A.aspects. B.points
6. A.feels. B.seems
7. A.casual. B.formal
8. A.light-hearted. B.high-handed. C.self-centered
9. A.taste. B.hearin
10. A.all. B.enough