Choose one word (A, B, C or D) whose stress pattern is different from the others.
1. A. adolescence B. multicultural C. metropolitan D. limestone
2. A. factor B. event C. complex D. tunnel
Choose the word (A, B, C or D) whose bold part is pronounced differently from that of the others.
3. A. fabulous B. administrative C. paradise D. urban
4. A. bilingual B. dialect C. simmer D. pile-up
Choose the word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that indicate the word/phrase which is CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined part.
5. The boy was brought up with a family in the countryside.
A. reared B. bred C. raised D. grown
6. As a government official, Benjamin Franklin often travelled abroad.
A. widely B. secretly C. alone D. overseas
Choose the underlined word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that needs correcting.
7. I asked (A) him how far was it (B) to the station if (C) I went there by taxi (D).
8. Linda has worn (A) her new yellow (B) dress only once (C) since she buys (D) it.
9. Don’t put (A) too much (B) garlic in the salad; two bunches (A) are enough (D).
Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the correct response to each of the following exchanges
10. A: "I love studying science as it allows me to answer questions about the natural world."
A. No, I won't. B. Neither do I. C. Yes, I like it. D. So do I
11. A: "I have taken part in the science club for 3 months."
A. So have I. B. So have me C. I have so. D. So I have.
Good luck các em!