VII. Mark the letter A, B, c, or D to show the underlined part that needs correction.61. We travelled away from (A) the city and towards (B) the countryside where several classical houses (C) caught our eyes (D).62. My brother is an archaeologist who has been (A) travelling around the world on search of (B) historical (C) remains (D).63. The chauffeur (A) who was hired to drive Mr Williams around daily (B) was reprimanded (C) for not picking him (D) on time.
64. The students are told solving (A) the same type of sums many times to ensure (B) that they able (C) to do them correctly when they encounter (D) them.
65. Today’s farmers have increased (A) milk production greatly (B) through improved (C) methods of breeding, feeding, and manage (D) dairy cattle.
66. Despite of (A) many attempts to introduce a (B) universal language, not ably (C) Esperanto and idiom Neutral, the effort has met with very little success (D).
67. The modem detective story, in which (A) a detective solves a crime (B) by discovering and interpretation (C) evidence is considered to have (D) originated with Edgar Allan Poe’s “The murders in the Rue Morgue” in 1841.68. Orchestrating musical (A) works requires a understanding (B) of the range and characteristics (C) of each instrument (D).
69. The black leopard is very (A) dark that its spots (B) are (C) difficult to see (D).
70. The astronomy (A) is the oldest science (B), but it continues (C) to be at (D) the forefront of scientific thought.