I. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the others.
1. A. started B. decided C. worked D. waited
2. A. played B. closed C. filled D. needed
3. A. frightened B. amazed C. disappointed D. terrified
II. Choose the best answer (A, B, C or D) to complete the sentences.
1.Nam used to ________ morning exercise when he got up early.
A. did B. does C. doing D. do
2. My father __________the bus to work every day, but I cycle.
A. catches B. drives C. goes D. runs
3. I go to school __________ bike.
A. by B. on C. in D. from
4. Traffic accidents can be prevented if people __________ the rules.
A. remember B. obey C. go after D. take care of
5. You should look right and left when you go ________the road.
A. down B. across C. up D. along
6. Bus is the main public ________in Viet Nam.
A. travel B. tricycle C. transport D. vehicle
7. The play was so boring. ________, Hoa saw it from beginning to end.
A. Therefore B. Despite C. However D. Although
8. She’s sure that they will find the film_________.
A. entertaining B. entertain C. entertainment D. entertained
9. ____________ being frightened by the images, Lan still liked the film so much.
A. In spite B. Despite C. Although D. Nevertheless
10. __________ the story of the film was good, I didn’t like the acting.
A. Because B. Since C. As D. Although
15. ____________ is not very far from here to the harbour.
A.There B. It C. This D.That
III. Put the correct form of the verb in brackets.
1.Quang Hai footballer (play) ________________________ soccer beautifully last Saturday.
2.Two years ago, she (teach) ______________________ at a village school.
3.What __________you (do) ____________ yesterday morning?
4.We (travel) ______________________ to Hue next month.
5.My mother (not like) ______________________ riding a motorbike.
6.When my father was young, he (drink) _____________________ a lot of beer.
7.Nam (study) ______________________ homework in the living room now.
8.Be careful ! The car (come) ______________________ .
9.My mother (go) ______________________ to the supermarket yesterday evening.