1. In some areas, when you meet old people , you ________ take off your hat to greet them and show your respect.
A. should B. shouldn't C. don't have to D. have to
Giups me tip nha
"Li xi" is an important part in Vietnam’s customs of Tet Festival, especially with children. It is a small amount of money that can bring good fortune to the upcoming year. However, "li xi" is not limited only on the first day, but can even last to the 9th or 10th day of Tet Festival, and given when the adults first met the kids. Besides the money, the tiny red envelope also has its own meaning. It represents the secrecy and privacy to avoid comparison as adults want children to regard the money as the gift of New Year, instead of being jealous of receiving less than other kids. The red color, the most popular color appearing in Vietnamese festivals, signifies the prosperity and great luck according to Asian’s beliefs. In the morning of the first day of Lunar New Year, children and parents will visit grandparents’ home, wishing for a happy new year and great health, showing respect and gratitude, and giving gifts. After that, it is grandparents and adults’ turn to give children lucky money to welcome their new age.
1. By whom is the custom loved most?
2. For how long can the custom be applied?
3. Why is a red envelope used?
4. What does the red color signify?
5. Why do adults give "li xi" to children?
I. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the
1. a. lantern b. invader c. nation d. race
2. a. carnival b. command c. ceremony d. encourage
3. a. tradition b. question c. procession d. preservation
4. a. performed b. worshipped c. prayed d. offered
5. a. sound b. crowd c. found d. court
II.Supply the correct form of the words in brackets.
1. He calls people sir and madam and he is very ____________. (respect)
2. In Japan, up until recently, marriages were ____________ arranged by a special matchmaker.
3. There is the Poh Bang ____________ by a magician in the temple. (perform)
4. A fairy tale usually involves ____________ creatures and magic. (image)
5. In the story, a ____________ rescues Red Riding Hood with his axe. (woodcut)
6. When Alice heard footsteps, she was ____________ and started to run. (fright)
7. Cinderella’s stepmothers was ____________ and treated her ____________. (kind - bad)
8. Jack is very bright, but he’s also ____________ of his accomplishments at school. (boast)
9. When Jack was going to the market, he met a ____________. (magic)
10. She smiled ____________, waved, and vanished into thin air. (wicked)