VII. Rewrite the following sentences, using present participle phrases.
1. Do you know the woman who is coming towards us?
2. The people who was waiting for the bus in the rain are getting wet.
3. The rules that allow public access to wilderness areas need to be reconsidered.
4. The children who attend that school receive a good education.
5. The scientists who are researching the causes of cancer are making progress.
VIII. Rewrite the following sentences, using past participle phrases.
1. Be sure to follow the instructions that are given at the top of the page.
2. The conclusion which is presented in that book states that most of the cars which are produced by Chinese industry have some defect.
3. I come from a city that is located in the southern part of the country.
4. The photographs which were published in the newspapers were extraordinary.
5. The experiment which was conducted at the University of Chicago was successful.
IX. Rewrite the following sentences, using infinitive phrases.
1. We had a river in which we could swim.
2. The child would be happier if he had someone that he could play with
3. I'd be more interested if I had a family that I had to cook for.
4. I haven't got anything that I could open a bottle of wine with.
5. He was the first man who left the burning building.