I. Fill in each gap in the sentences with a suitable adjective from the box :
difficult, welcome, shocked, impossible, willing, careful, lucky, motivated, anxious, content
1. Are you __________________ to accept responsibility ?
2. She was __________________ to hear her children falling from the tree.
3. You’re _________________ to use my car.
4. You’re very ___________________ to be alive after that accident.
5. It’s virtually __________________ to predict the weather accurately.
6. It’s ___________________ to climb that high and steep hill.
7. Be __________________ not to walk on the sidewalks !
8. These students are _________________ to learn English.
9. The children are ________________ to go to the circus.
10. He was ________________ to stay at home and read a book.
II. Fill in each gap with the correct passive form of the verb from the box :
A. FORM : answer, make, send, open, use, build, hold, sign, clean, recycle
1. This room will ________________ later.
2. This parcel mustn’t _____________________ until Christmas.
3. Tea can ___________________ with hot water.
4. Tires can _____________________ to make pipes or floor coverings.
5. Applications should ___________________ before December 30th.
6. A meeting will ___________________ before Teacher’s Day.
7. The new bridge is going to __________________ by the end of the year.
8. Cloth bags should ________________ instead of plastic bags.
9. This question can _________________ by most of the students.
10. This contract must __________________ by the manager today.
B. TENSE : publish, build, pollute, injure, make, paint, plant, play, cut
1. Football _____________________ all over the world.
2. Millions of cars _____________________ in Japan every year.
3. How many languages _____________________ in Canada ?
4. Lots of trees _____________________ down last year.
5. The ceiling _____________________ on.
6. His best work _____________________ next year.
7. She ___________ seriously _______________ last night.
8. Two more bridges _____________________ in this area next month.
9. Our environment _____________________ by chemicals at present.
10. Young trees _____________________ in the school garden by seventh form students last week.
III. Rewrite these sentences :
1. Exploring the world of Personal Computer is fascinating.
2. They burned the plastic bottles and old plastic bags. It isn’t good.
3. Keeping the environment clean is extremely important.
4. Understanding the handbook isn’t difficult.
5. Buy a Complex. It isn’t expensive.
6. I am afraid. My friend won’t visit this city this weekend because of the bad weather.
7. The workers haven’t finished their work before dark. They are disappointed.
8. The boys are very excited. They are playing the coming game.
9. Nam is going to pass the exam easily. His parents are sure about that.
10. Their parents take good care of them. The children are lucky.
11. She can go to the dancing club on the weekend. She is happy.
12. She is anxious. She can’t come to class on time.
13. Hung did a brave action. He was proud of this.
14. She is quite disappointed. She hasn’t finished the work on time.