III. Put the verbs into correct form.
1. I (want) to be a doctor until I was twenty.
2. They (unemploy) since they left London.
3. How long Lan (study) French?
4. I (not read) many novels since I went to university.
5. She (read) a lot of book this year.
6. Since my father (retire) he (write) three books.
7. My friends (not see) their uncle for ten years.
9. My clothes (wash) when you called.
10. They (learn) English for a long time.
11. your sister (cook) a lot of food for the party?
12. That book (buy) at Phu Tho bookstore?
13. That film( show) on TV last week.
IV. Rewrite the sentences with th given words
1. He gave me a book for my birthday.® I
2. Nobody could solve this mathematical problem.® This
3. They believe that he will pass the final exam.® He
4. You will catch cold if you don’t keep your feet dry.® Unless
5. People saw him leave the office yesterday.® He
6. They have to change the date of the meeting again.® The date
7. I didn’t go out because it rained.® If
8. You will miss the train if you don’t hurry.® Unless you
9. That factory is producing more and more pollution.
® More and more pollution
10. Rice won’t grow if there isn’t enough rain.® Unless
11. They asked him about the countries. He visited them last month.
® They asked
12. We have been doing our work since 8 o’clock.® Our work
13. They didn’t leave the house early. They were so late for the play.® If
14. Unless he phones immediately, he won’t get any information.- If
15. We got lost because we didn’t have a map.- If
16. We didn’t have enough rain, so we could not grow rice.- If
17. He said ,”I didn’t know what to do.”- He
18. She said, “I didn’t know you.”® She said
19. The boy said, “I don’t know what I’ll do”® The boy said
20. The teacher said to me, “You have to learn the lesson by heart.”
® The teacher told
21. Somebody has taken away some of my books.® Some of my books
22. They can’t make tea with cold water.® Tea
23. He has made much progress in his study.® Much progress
24. They will hold the meeting before May Day.® The meeting
25. People spend a lot of money on advertising every year.® A lot of money
26. The store was opened in 1932 by John.® John
27. They have considered me as their great friend.® I
28. She looked after her old mother at home.® Her old mother
29. They are growing trees round their school to make a fence. ® Trees
30. Mr.Miller lost his job because he was late every day.® If