1. I (see) a car accident while I (wait) for you on this corner yesterday.
2. Mr. john (be) principal of our school since last year.
3. Mr. Smith (teach) at this school since he (graduate) in 1980.
4. My father (not watch) TV every night.
5. I (meet) Authur three weeks ago.
6. Yesterday the police (report) that they (capture) the thief.
7. My friend (thank) me for what I had done for him.
8. Someone (steal) my handbag on the bus.
9. The Browns (live) in Paris for 7 years when the second World War (break) down.
10. Last month I (be) in the hospital for ten days.
11. Don't call me in the afternoon. I usually (be) away in the afternoon.
12. Mr. Clark (be) in New York 2 months ago. Mr. Rossi (be) in New York until 2 months ago.
13. John (drive) that car ever since I (know) him.
14. People (speak) English in most of Canada.
15. The dog (wag) his tail whenever he (see) me.
16. What you (do) when I (ring) you last night?
17. Up to then I never (see) such a fat man.
18. I (not see) him last Monday.
19. They had sold all the books when we (get) there.
20. I think he (leave) as soon as he (know) the news.
21. She (play) the piano when our guests (arrive) last night.
22. He (come) and (see) you soon.
23. I (come) as soon as I have finished my work. You (be) ready?
24. My mother (come) to stay with us next weekend.
25. Where you (spend) your holidays next summer?
26. Violets (bloom) in spring.
27. We (not live) in England for two years now.
28. I (never forget) what you (just tell) me.
29. They (prepare) the Christmas dinner at the moment.
30. When I last (stay) in Cairo, I (ride) to the Pyramids on a camel that my friend (borrow) the day before.
31. Our teacher (tell) us yesterday that he (visit) England in 1970.
32. George (work) at a university so far.
33. When he lived in Manchester, he (work) in a bank.
34. Birds (build) their nests in summer and (fly) to the South in winter.
35. I (lose) my key. (Can) you help me look for it?
36. My father (not smoke) for 5 years.
37. My teacher wasn't at home when I (arrive). He (just go) out.
38. How long Bob and Mary (be) married?
39. You (receive) any letter from your parents yet?
40. My brother (join) the army when he (be) young.
41. You (remember) my name or you (forget) it someday?
42. Tom (study) chemistry for three years and then he gave it up.
43. Miss Lee often (write) when she was on holiday.
44. He (leave) home two weeks ago and we (not hear) from him since then.
45. You (speak) to Mrs. Baker yesterday? No, I (not see) her for a long time. I (not can) remember when I last (see) her.
46. When the teacher came in, the pupils (play) game.
47. Columbus (discover) America more than 400 years ago. 7
48. By next month, I (finish) my first novel.
49. By May 5, we (live) in this city for ten years.
50. When your father (die)? I (not kow) when he (die).
51. Bill said he (forget) to buy a dictionary.
52. He felt asleep while he (do) his homework.
53. We (not see) them for a long time.
54. It (rain) when we arrived.
55. Kite and I (wait) right here until you get back.
56. He'll leave as soon as he (hear) the news.
57. Dick (start) school before he seven.
58. How long you (study) in this school?
59. We (not receive) any letter from him since he (leave) four months ago.
60. Where are you? I'm upstairs. I (have) a bath.
61. I (speak) to you about that matter after the meeting tonight.
62. At this time next week, we (live) in USA.
63. Hurry up! The train (come).
64. Be quiet! The teacher (be) angry.
65. Why didn't you listen while I (speak) to you?
66. Some animals (not eat) during winter.
67. I (finish) the book before my next birthday.
68. John (watch) TV at 8 last evening.
69. Mr. Pike (live) here since last October.
70. Someone (cut) down all the trees in the garden. 8
71. The house (build) two years ago.
72. Listen! The bird (sing).
73. Trees (plant) since it (stop) raining.
74. Tom Baker (not come) here tomorrow.
75. By the end of last March, I (study) English for 5 years.
76. He often (say) O.K when he (talk) with the guests.
77. What you (do) after you (go) home yesterday?
78. How long you (wait) for me? Just a few minutes.
79. He (do) his homework before he went to the cinema.
80. By noon, I (wait) for her for two hours.
81. By the time you come there, she (make) a big cake.
82. Yesterday thieves (break) into the house and (steal) a lot of fur coats while the guests (dance).
83. When I came in, they all (sit) round a fire. Mr. Pike (do) a crossword puzzle, Mrs. Pike (knit), and the others (read).
84. Mr. Jackson (paint) his house since last month.
85. She (ask) me to tell about him several times.
86. The audience (listen) to everything he said last night.
87. At 4 p.m yesterday? Well, I (work) in my office at that time.
88. A: I (play) football when I was 5 years old.
B: You (play) since you (come) to England?
A: Oh, yes. I (play) quite a lot. I (join) a club the day after I (arrive).
89. I'm preparing to support anything he (say) tomorrow.
90. Sometimes I (get) up before the Sun (rise).
91. He said he (be) mistaken.
9 92. Don't speak until someone (ask) you.
93. Mary (come) from London.
94. Please be quiet! I (work).
95. When I (be) a child, I (want) to be a doctor.
96. David (be) born after his father (die).
97. Long ago, my younger brother often (cry).
98. I (not send) the parcel until I hear from you.
99. The last train (leave) the station at 5 p.m.
100. Up to now, the teacher (give) our class five tests