I>USE THE RIGHT FORM OF THE VERB
Three months (be) a long time to wait. is
Five dollars (be) too much to pay for that book.is
A number of books (be) on the table.
The number of students in this class (be) limited to thirty.
It (be) my two brothers who (be) hurt.
It (be) the children playing upstairs.
Neither of the answers (be) correct.
Neither (be) to blame.
Everybody (have) a good time.
Either your key or my key (be) missing.
John or his brothers (be) going to help me.
Bread and butter (be) all he asked for.
The author and lecturer (be) arriving today.
My old friend and colleague, George (be) in town.
The pen and paper (be) on the desk.
Jim and Joe (be) roommates.
The boxes of candy (be) on the table.
The package of cigarettes (be) on the table.
Oranges and cream (be) perishable and should be refrigerated.
Oranges and tangerine (be) delicious.
Most of the members (be) happy.
Half of the students (be) looking out.
Some of the sugar (was/were) spilt on the floor.
There (be) plenty of time.
There (be) a lot of lakes.
I, your master, (command) you.
My wife, not my friends, ( is waiting/are waiting) for me.
Early to bed and early to rise (make) a man healthy, wealthy and wise.
Either the mayor or the eldermen (be) to blame.
Not John but his brothers (be) to blame.
A fever, a mutilation, a cruel disappointment, a loss of wealth, a loss of friends (seem) at the moment untold loss.
A cart and horse (was/were) seen at a distance.
Her principal anxiety (was/were) her children.
Nobody not John and William (was/were) there.
Man, no less than the lower forms of life (be) a product of the evolutionary process.
The girl, as well as the boys, (has/have) learnt to ride.
The bat together with the ball (was/were) stolen.
The newspaper and the dictionary (be) on the table.
Here (be) bread and the dictionary.
Here (be) bread and butter for breakfast.
The ship with its load of timer (be) leaving the port today.
Noone (be) eager to be examined the first.
It (be) her lies that ( irritake) me so much.
Three fourths of the wall (be) painted.
Two fifths of the members (be) present.
Two times two (make) four.
Two 2’s (make ) four.
Two plus two (be) four.
How many (be) six and five?
Nine from fourteen (be) five.
Twenty years (be) not a long period of time in human history.
Five dimes (make) fifty cents.
Five dollars (be) a small sum.
“ The three Musketeers” (be) written by Alexandre Dumas.
You don’t have to say much , a word or two (be) sufficient.
These (be) one or two things I’d like to talk over with you.
The number of new books in our library (be) ever growing.
A number of new books in our library (be) displayed at the book show.
Our only guide ( be) stars.
There (be) a lot of traffic on this road.
II>Choose the corect answer in the parentheses
1. The weather in the southern states ( gets, get) very hot during the summer.
2. The result of Dr. Noll’s experiment( was,were) published in a scientific journal.
3. Bob and his friends( is,are) coming to the anniversary party tomorrow night.
4. Every man, woman, and child (is,are) protected under the law.
5. Washing the dishes (is, are) the children’ job
6. A lot of the students (is, are) already here.
7. Some of the furniture in our apartment (is, are) secondhand
8. Some of the desks in the classroom (is, are) broken.
9. At least three-quarters of that book on famous Americans (is, are) about people who lived in the 19th century
10. One of the coutries I would like to visit (is, are) Italy.
11. Some of the cities I would like to visit (is, are) Rome and Vience
12. Each student in the class (has, have) to have a book.
13. Each student in the class (has, have) to have a book.
14. None of the students ( was,were) late today.
15. the number of students in this room right now (is, are) twenty.
16. A number of students in the class ( speaks,speak) English well.
17. There (is, are) some interesting pictures in today paper.
18. There (is, are) an incorrect statement in that newspaper article.
19. The United States (is, are) lacated in North America.
20. Economics (is, are) Don’s favourite subjects.
21. Ten minutes (is, are) more than enough time to complete this exercise.
22. Most people (likes,like) to go to the zoo.
23. The police (is, are) coming. I’ve already called them.
24. Japanese (is, are) very difficult for English speakers to learn.
25. the Japanese (has, have) a long and interesting history.
26. The old in my country (is, are) cared for by their children and grandchildren.
27. This exercise on singular- plural agreement of subjects and verbs (is, are) easy.
28. The extent of Jane’s knowledge on various complex subjects ( astounds. Astound: lam kinh ngac) me.
29. The subjects you will be studying in this cource (is, are) listed in the syllabus.
30. Massachutes and Connecticut (is, are) located in New England.
31. Only the black Widow spider, or all of the spiders in the United States, ( has,have) caused death among human being.
32. The professor and the student ( agree, agrees) on that point.
33. Almost every professor and student at the Universary ( approves, approve) of the choice or Dr.Brown as the new president
34. Each girl and boy in the sixth- grade class( has,have) to do a science project.
35. Getting to know students from all over the world (is, are) one of the best parts of my job.
36. Annie had a hard time when she was coming home from the store because the bag of groceries ( was,were) too heavy for her to carry.
37. where ( do, does) your parents live?
38. Why ( was,were) Susan and Alex late the meeting?
39. (Is, are) having the respondsibility for taking care of pets good for young children?
40. Some of the fruit in this bowl (is, are) rotten
41. Some of the apples in that bowl (is, are) rotten
42. Half of the students in the class (is, are) from Arabic- speaking countries.
43. Half of this money ( belong, belongs) to you.
44. A lot of students in the class (is, are) from Southeast Asia.
45. A lot of clothing in those stores (is, are) on sale this week.
46. One of my best friends (is, are) coming to visit me next week.
47. Each boy in this class ( has,have) his own notebook.
chỉ cần viết đáp án ko cần viết cả câu nha!!!
mk cần gấp
ai nhanh nhất mình tick cho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!