Choose a word in each line that has different stress pattern
choose the word in each line that has a different strees pattern.Ciecle the letter A,B,C or D
1.A.symbol B.novel C.admire D.gather
2. A.blanket B.design C.depend D.impress
3. A.reputation B.population C. inspiration D.popularize
4.A.direct B. festival C.publish D.order
5. A.advance B.relax C.replace D.climate
I/ Find the word which has the different sound in the underlined part
1. A. means
2. A. break
3. A. apricot
II/ Choose the word which has a different stress pattern from the others
4. A. diverse
5. A. order
6. A. combine
III. Choose the correct answer A, B, C or D
7. People of _________ minorities in Phu Yen celebrate Hoi Mua Festival every March.
8. Diwali, the Hindu Festival of Light, is the _________ holiday of the year in India.
A. more important
B. most important
D. most importance
9. Not many people went to see the film; ___________, it received good reviews from critics.
10. A _________ is a film that shows real life events or stories.
11. The end of the film was so ___________that many people cried.
IV/ Write the correct from or tense of verbs in brackets
12. My family ______________ (fly) back from our Hong Kong holiday two days ago.
13. If I have enough money, I _________________ (buy) a racing car.
14. Transport used ______________ (be) much slower three hundred years ago
15. Saudi women weren’t allowed ______________ (drive) a car until recently
I. Find the word which has a different sound in the underlined part
1. A. chemist B. school C. chance D. chaos
2. A. frog B. drag C. change D. mug
3. A. kite B. cookie C. hike D. knit
II. Choose the words that have the different stress from the others
4. A. ticket B. costume C. event D. number
5. A. return B. happen C. differ D. visit
6. A. yourself B. thirteen C. abroad D. village
II. Choose the word which has a different stress patter from the others
1. A. silent B. noisy C. pretty D. polite
2. A. station B. season C. police D. sandal
3. A. agree B. hurry C. enter D. visit
4. A. fasten B. describe C. listen D. hover
5. degree B. student C. funny D. widen
6. A. traffic B. dancer C. Cycling D. Balloon
7. A. central B. gripping C. complete D. boring
8. A. obey B. enter C. answer D. listen
9. A. station B. healthy C. safety D. alone
10. A. tidy B. complete C. extend D. mistake
11. A. harvest B. parade C. music D. village
12. A. amazing B. festival C. begin D. arrive
13. A. famous B. joyful C. usual D. alone
14. A. bamboo B. invite C. tourist D. prepare
15. A. answer B. happen C. between D. often
16. A. discuss B. gather C. receive D. attend
17. A. ticket B. special C. event D. number
18. A. solution B. expensive C. natural D. abundant
19. A. energy B. volunteer C. dangerous D. countryside
20. A. beautiful B. important C. pollution D. exhausted