IV. Find and correct the error. (1 pt)
1. Those books at the back in the library are in English. Answer: 1. _________________
A B C D
2. Ba is very good of fixing things. 2. _________________
A B C D
3. I should love to but I have too many assignments. 3. _________________
A B C D
4. Would you like going fishing with us? 4. _________________
A B C D
V. Read the following passage and answer question. ( 2 ms)
In Viet Nam, secondary school students often go to school six days a week, from Monday to Saturday. At school, they study about 13 subjects such as: Math, English, Literature…..Classes often start at 7 a.m and finish at 11 a.m. They have two 15 minute breaks each day. One break is in the morning and the other is in the afternoon. At recess, they often play some traditional games such as: playing marbles, skipping rope, shuttle cock…The yard is very noisy until the bell rings and classes begin again.
1. How many days do Vietnamese students go to school a week?
2. How many subjects do they study at school? _______________________________________________________________________________
3. What time do classes start and finish? _______________________________________________________________________________
4. What do they often do at recess? _______________________________________________________________________________
5. Is the yard very noisy until the bell rings and classes begin again?
VI. Read and choose the best answer: (2.5 pt)
The Vietnamese students take part in different after-school (1) …………………. Some students play sports. They often play soccer, table tennis or badminton. Sometimes they go (2) …………………in the swimming pools. Some students like music, drama and movies. They often practice playing musical instruments in the school music room. They (3) …………………in the school theater group and usually rehearse plays. Some are members (4) …………………the stamp collectors’ club. They often get (5) …………………and talk about their (6) …………………. A few students stay at home and play video games or computer science. Most of them enjoy their activities after school hours.
1. A. active B. actions C. action D. activities
2. A. running B. walking C. swimming D. fishing
3. A. go B. join C. take D. get
4. A. with B. of C. for D. in
5. A. in B. each other C. another D. together
6. A. work B. study C. stamps D. jobs
VII. Rewrite the following sentences.
1. Let’s play soccer after school.
2. What about listening to music tonight?
Shall ______________________________________________________________________ ?
3. We should prepare our lessons before going to school.
We ought ______________________________________________________________________________________________________
4. No one in the group is taller than Trung.
5. Walking in the rain gives my brother pleasure.
My brother enjoys _____________________________________________________________