I. Choose the best answer to complete these following sentences.
1. Brian asked Judy________ to dinner and a movie.
A. out B. on C. for D. of
2. My wife backed me _______ over my decision to quit my job.
A. down B. up C. of D. for
3. The racing car _______ after it crashed into the fence.
A. blew out B. blew over C. blew up D. blew down
4. Our car ________ at the side of the highway in the snowstorm.
A. broke into B. broke away C. broke in D. broke down
5. Mike _________ Alaska, so he's used to cold weather.
A. comes over B. comes in C. comes across D. comes from
6. Jane had a difficult childhood. She _______ a broken home.
A. came from B. came over C. came in D. came up with
7. The woman _______ when the police told her that her son had died.
A. broke down B. broke away C. broke in D. broke into
8. Our teacher broke the final project _______ into three separate parts.
A. in B. into C. away D. down
9. Somebody _______ last night and stole our stereo.
A. broke off B. broke in C. broke out D. broke up
10. The firemen had to break _______ the room to rescue the children.
A. off B. up C. out D. into
11. The bomb_______ when he rang the bell.
A. went over B. went on C. went out D. went off
12. No one really believed it when the news came through that the "Titanic" had _______ on her maiden voyage.
A. gone over B. gone on C. gone down D. gone off
13. Does this jacket_______ my trousers?
A. go with B. go through with C. go ahead D. go off
14. He _______ about his new car all the time.
A. goes over B. goes on C. goes out D. goes off
15. Do you think you could _______ this work with me some time, Peter?
A. go over B. go on C. go out D. go off