Rewrite these sentences, but using the word given:
She didn't try very hard to get to know the others on the course. LITTLE
She won't allow you to leave the building, will she? INTENT
viết lại câu
1. I didn't know many people in the party but I had a very good time
-> I had a very good time at the party............................
2. She had studied very hard and she passed her exams
-> She passed her exams ....................................
3. Listen carefully or you won't know what to do
-> You won't know what to do........................
4. We live in the same street. We hardly ever see each other
-> We hardly ever see each other.........................
5. He workes in a bookshop for 2 years. Then he went to university
-> He decided to go to university........................
6. The traffice lights went green. Then they crossed the road
-> they didn't cross the road................................
7. You have to speak more slowly or she won't be able to understand you
-> She will be able to understand you................................
8. I didn't get very wet because I had an umbrella with me
-> I had an umbrella with me.........................................
9. Don't stop him doing what he wants
10. He looks older when he wears glasses
-> glasses make................................
Ex1: Combine the sentences to complete the sentences, using the words in brackets
1. The building is very old.He lives there (where)
2. I'll tell you something. You didn't know it before (which)
3. Mr. Minh is admired. He dedicates all his life to protecting enviroment. (since)
4. Give me a ring. You'll hear some news. (when)
5. She'll in Paris. She'll visit friends. (while)
Choose the correct answer
1,A stop B stopped 5,A will B would
2,A give B gave 6,A live B will live
3,A will eat B ate 7,A will B would
4, A get B would get 8,A will B would
I'm not sure what to do I'm thinking of becoming a vegetable, but some of my friends say it's a bad idea. They say that if I (1)__ eating meat, my body won't get all the things it needs to say healthy. Are my friends right?
Yuri, age 14
Millions of people vegetable and they're perfectly healthy. You have to be careful, though if you (2)__ up eating meat completely, and only (3)___ chocolate and crips, that would obiviously be very baf for you ! If people don't eat properly, they (4)___ ill.It's that simple.If you eat lots of fruit ad salad and beans, you (5)___ get all the things you need to say healthy.But you're only 14years old. If you (6)___ at home with your parents and you probably do -you'll have to ask them what they think too. If your mum cooks for you , (7) it __ be difficult for her to make you special meals. If I were you, I (8)___ think about this carefully and maybe wait until you're a bit older before making such a big decision.
Complete using the correct form of the words in brackets
1, If you ___(tell) me you were going to the beach, I'd have come with you
2, If Dan had missed the plane, he __(be) very annoyed
3, I'd have got you a present if I ___(know) it was your birthday
4,We ___(not/get) lost if we'd taken a map with us
5, If the car ___(not/break down), I wouldn't have been late
6, If you ___(not /hep) me , I wouldn't have finished in time
7, If Baz___(not/show) you what to do, what ___(you/do)?
Complete using the correct form of the words in brackets
1, If you ___ (tell) me you were going to the beach ,I'd have come with you
2,If Dan had missed the plane, he ___(be) very annoyed
3,I'd have got you a present if I ___ (know) it was your birthday
4, We___ (not/get) lost if we'd taken a map with us
5,If the car ____(not/break down), I wouldn't have been late
6, If you ___(not/help) me, I wouln't have finished in time
7, If Baz ___(not/ show) you what to do, what ___(you/do)?
Complete each second so that it has a similar meaning to the first sentences. Write between two and five words
1, It wasn't cold, so we didn't light a fire
If it ___ cold , we'd have lit a fire
2, John didn't come, so we didn't do any thing
If John ___,we'd have done some painting
3, Claire didn't buy any clothes because she didn't see anything she liked
Claire ____some clothes if she'd seen something she liked
4,The audience laughted because the joke was very funny
If the joke ____very funny, the audience wouldn't have laughed
5, We decided to leave because it was really noisy
We ___ to leave if it hadn't been really noisy
6, Sylvia doesn't have enough money, so she can't buy a new computer
If Sylvia_______ enough money, she'd buy a new computer
7, The twins don't see their friends often because they're very busy
If the twins weren't so busy, they____ their friends more often
8, Grandma won't get a dog because she lives in a small flat
If Grandma____in a small flat, she'd get a dog
9, I think you should tell your parents the truth
If I ___ you, I'd tell your parents the truth
I. Complete each sentence using"used to" or "didn't use to"+ one of the following verbs. Use each verb only once.
Live-(not)like -go-(not)get up-travel-be-(not)drink-have.
1. Carol .... A lot when she was single. These days she doesn't take many trips.
2. My uncle's family.... in Dalat.Now they live in Ho Chi Minh City.
3. You....coffee before. Now you drink it a lot.
4. Kim....very long hair when she was a school girl.
5. This building is now a restaurant. It....a theater years ago.
6. Bruno.... Vietnamese food,but now he often eats it.
7. Now I normally go to bed at about 9o'clock,but I....to sleep much later before.
8. When Nam first worked on a farm,he.....at 5 in the Morning.
II.Join each pair of sentences, using "which"or"who"
1. Carlaviss reading the novel.I lent it to her last week.
2. Did you see the film? It was on TV last night.
3. I know someone. This person likes you.
4. They lived in a village. It didn't have much work for young people.
5. Show me the photographs. You took them on your holiday.
6. The reporter immediately wrote down the information. I gave it to him
7. The dentist took out two of his teeth. Joe went to see her yesterday.
8. I've written down the words. I looked them up this morning.
9. Anna put on the clothes. She had bought them the day before.
10. That's the man. My father often plays chess with him.