Chọn đáp án đúng:
1. As time goes by, he__________more and more eccentric.
A. Becomes B. is becoming C. has become D. has been becoming
2. I__________ the living room by the time Dad comes home. He__________ so surprised.
A. Will paint/will be B. will be painting/is C. will have painted/will be D. will have painted/is
3. It's the coldest winter we__________ in Greece.
A. Ever experience B. ever experienced C. were ever experiencing D. have ever experienced
4. When he___________ was younger, he the cinema every week.
A. Was used to going B. used to go C. was going D. had gone
5. They________for a mile when they___________that someone___________missing.
A. Had walked/ had realized/ was B. had been walking/ realized/ had been
C. had been walking/ realized/ was D. had walked/ had realized/ had been
6. As part of my job, I_________ abroad a lot, so I_______ to improve my English.
A. Travel/ need B. am travelling/ need C. am travelling/ am needing D. travel/ am needing
7. I_________ at my mother's house this week because I__________ my house painted.
A. Sleep/ have B. am sleeping/ have C. sleep/ am having D. am sleeping/ am having
8. I you should buy him a tie. He___________to dress formally.
A. Am thinking/ likes B. think/likes C. think/ is liking D. am thinking/ has liked
9. As a teenager, I_________ things my parents__________ of.
A. Would do/ didn't approve B. used to do/ weren't approving
C. used to do/ didn't approve D. would do/ weren't approving
10. "Hurry up! We're waiting for you. What's taking you so long?"
"I________ for an important phone call. Go ahead and leave without me."
A. Wait B. will wait C. am waiting D. have waited
11. Robert is going to be famous some day. He_________in three movies already. ~ I'm sure he'll be a star.
A. Has been appearing B. had appeared C. has appeared D. appeared
12. Where's Polly? ~She_________.
A. Is in her room studying B. in her room is studying
C. studies in her room D. has in her room studied
13. Hello? Alice? This is Jeff. How are you? ~ Jeff? What a coincidence! I_________ about you when the phone rang.
A. Was just thinking B. just thought C. have just been thinking D. was just thought
14. What___________ about the new simplified tax? ~It's more confusing than the old one.
A. Are you thinking B. do you think C. have you thought D. have you been thinking
15. When is Mr. Fields planning to retire? ~ Soon, I think. He________ here for a long time. He'll probably retire next year or the year after that.
A. Worked B. had been working C. has been working D. is working
16. Why did you buy all this sugar and chocolate? ~ I_________a delicious dessert for dinner tonight.
A. Make B. will make C. am going to make D. will have made
17. Let's go! What's taking you so long? ~ I'll be there as soon as I__________my keys.
A. Found B. will find C. find D. am finding
18. Next week when there______ a full moon, the ocean tides sill be higher.
A. Is being B. is C. will be D. will have been
19. While I______TV last night, a mouse ran across the floor.
A. Watch B. watched C. was watching D. am watching
20. Fish were among the earliest forms of life. Fish__________ on earth for ages and ages.
A. Existed B. are existing C. exist D. have existed
21. The phone ________constantly since Jack announced his candidacy for president this morning.
A. Has been ringing B. rang C. had rung D. had been ringing
22. The earth_________on the sun for its heat and light.
A. Is depend B. depending C. has depended D. depends
23. I don't feel good. I________ home from work tomorrow.
A. Am staying B. stay C. will have stayed D. stayed
24. Today there are weather satellites that beam down information about the earth's atmosphere. In the last two decades, space exploration_________ great contributions to weather forecasting.
A. Is making B. has made C. made D. makes
25. On July 20th, 1969, Astronaut Neil Armstrong_________ down onto the moon, the first person ever to set foot on another celestial body.
A. Was stepping B. stepped C. has stepped D. was step
26. The plane's departure was delayed because of mechanical difficulties. When the weary passengers finally boarded the aircraft, many were annoyed and irritable because they___________ in the airport for three and a half hours.
A. Are waiting B. were waiting C. have been waiting D. had been waiting
27. If coastal erosion continues to take place at the present rate in another fifty years, this beach_______anymore.
A. Doesn't exist B. isn't going to exist C. isn't existing D. won't be existing
28. Homestead High School's football team_______a championship until last season, when the new coach led them to take first place in their league.
A. Has never won B. is never winning C. had never been winning D. had never won
29. To be able to qualify as an interpreter, many years of intensive language study are required for non-native speakers. By the end of this year, Chen________English for three years, but he will still need more training and experience before he masters the language.
A. Will be studying B. has studied C. will have been studying D. has been studying
30. In our hospital, patients________ every morning.
A. Are examined B. have examined C. can examine D. were examining