Write a paragraph, supporting the argument that We should reduce, reuse, recycle everythings
I. Read the passage and choose the best word to fill in each blank [ amount-burning-because-pollutes-who-of-rubbish-and ]
One of the reasons, which (1)_______ our environment, is that each household produces a large amount of (2)_________ every day. In order to reduce the pollution, we need to increase the (3)_________ of rubbish that is recycled (4)_______ we cannot carry on burying and (5)__________ rubbish forever. This means that we should reduce the amount of rubbish we produce and increase the amount we reuse and recycle. We also need to have a strict punishment for those (6)______ throw rubbish on the streets, in the ponds, rivers (7)________ seas. Besides, we ourselves should be aware (8)_______ keeping our environment green, clean and beautiful.
II. Finish each of the following sentences in such a way that it means exacty the same as the sentence printed before it
1) The doctor is working at Bach Mai hospital. You met him yesterday.
-> The doctor whom______________________________________________________
2) In spite of her sickness, Mary insisted on going to work.
-> Although Mary________________________________________________________
3) He had scarcely put the phone down when the doorbell rang.
4) In spite of having little money, they are very happy.
III. Complete each of the following sentences, using the words given.
1) It/ take/ me/ three hours/ get/ house/ tidy/ yesterday.
2) You/ should/ apologize/ her/ not/ attend/ wedding.
IV. Sắp xếp các từ, các cụm từ thành câu hoàn chỉnh
1) was/ Everyone/ had/ the/ good/ finished/ in/ because/ mood/ they/ a/ course.
( MÌNH ĐANG CÂN GẤP. GIÚP MÌNH VỚI)
1. The docter advised him to avoid eating fatty foods, having more fresh vegetables and drink much water.
2. We are going to visit the school next week where we studied and lived in when we were young.
3. Unless we bum garbage, the air will be badly polluted. Therefore, I think the best way to reduce trash is to reuse and recycle things