II.Read the following passage carefully, then write the sentences are True ( T ) or False ( F )
A.Thousands of people in Calcutta, India, have no jobs and no proper homes. They live in homes
made of mats, boxes, and rusty sheets of tin. Many people have to camp permanently in the
railway stations, cooking, eating, sleeping and feeding their babies there. Babies are born in the
streets and peolpe die there too.
As many as seventeen out of every hundred families live in the streets, having nowhere to go.
Many of these people are sick because of a hot and damp climate.Although the government tries
hard to provide houses, schools, and medical services, it can hardly keep up with the increasing
1. ___ Many people in Calcutta live in bad conditions because they have no jobs.
2. ___ Babies from poor families are taken care of by the local government.
3. ___ Seventy percent of the families in Calcutta have to live in the streets.
4. ___ The local government makes effects to help poor families but it cannot solve the problem
5 .___ Many people in Calcutta live in good conditions because they have no jobs.
6. ___ Babies are born in the street.
7. ___ Many people are sick because they don’t have enough money to live.
B. Titanic is a romantic film, directed by James Cameron. It is about the sinking of the ship
Titanic on its first voyage. The main characters are Jack Dawson and Rose DeWitt Bukater.
Although, they are from different social classes, they fall in love. The film has a sad ending:
the Titanic sinks and more than a thousand people die in the disaster, including Jack. Critics
say it is a must-see. Many people love it.
1. ___ James Cameron is a director .
2. ___ Rose DeWitt Bukater is a crictic .
3. ___ Jack and Rose are the same classes .
4. ___ Jack dies when the ship sinks
C. Fossil fuels are non- renewabe energy sources . They include oil , coat , and natural gas .
they can be used to create energy , genergrate electricity , or drive big machinery .
Unfortunately, they are harmful to the environment . Vietnam still relies mostly on non –
renweable energy sources . However, hydro power is increasingly used here too.
Hydro and nuclear power can generate a great deal of energy . They are renewable and
plentiful However , hydro power is limited beacause can not be built in a certain area.
Nuclear power can provide enough electricity for the world needs , but it is dangerous.The
sun and the wind are other alternative sources of energy . The wind turns turbines to make
electricity . Solar power can be converted into electicity . It can be used to heat or cool our
houses . Although there are some diadvantages , these alternative energy sources can offer
abundant amounts of clean , safe electricity . They will be valued more and more in the
future in Vietnam.
1. __ Fossil fuels are environmentally friendly to the environment
2. __ Fossil fuels aren’t environmentally friendly to the environment
3. __ Nuclear power is alternative energy sources and dangerous
4. __ Vietnam still relies mostly on Nuclear power
5. __ Non- renewable energy sources can be converted into electicity
6. __ Solar power can be used to heat or cool our houses .
7. __Hydro power is unlimited beacause can not be built in a certain area